cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELLS FARGO

DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

You can't do it online if you don't already have an account with them: 

 

What you’ll need to apply

  • An existing Wells Fargo relationship. (Otherwise, please apply at a Wells Fargo location)
  • Social Security number
  • Income information

Message 11 of 19
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO


@DeeBee78 wrote:

You can't do it online if you don't already have an account with them: 

 

What you’ll need to apply

  • An existing Wells Fargo relationship. (Otherwise, please apply at a Wells Fargo location)
  • Social Security number
  • Income information

I did three mock applications on the Wells site a few minutes ago, Cash Wise Visa, Wells Home Rebate Visa Signature and the Propel 365. The Cash Wise requires a banking relationship to apply, the Home Rebate requires a Wells Mortgage and the Propel allows apps without any prior banking relantionship.

 

Edited to add, looks like the Propel 365 is the only card open to non customers for applications.

Gardening until September 2019
Next app: Mortgage in September 2019
Message 12 of 19
UncleB
Moderator

Re: WELLS FARGO


@GTC471 wrote:

No, it's not. But from what I read on here, it's probably easier to get their cards if you're a customer. Been banking with them for 21 yrs now. Got my Propel 4/2016 with a score of 620, no credit history (after Ch 13), collections on my report, and a tax lien. I read they are very conservative, but will help their customers.


+1  ^^^ This exactly.  Smiley Happy

 

I didn't share in approvals (there's not much enthusiasm for WF around here), but a few weeks back I took advantage of a prequal offer I had on the WF app.  It was for the Propel at 15.49%, and I figured having the account for a OD protection source as well as the cell phone coverage would be nice... I was expecting a minimal approval based on my modest income and recent inquiries and new accounts.

 

They instantly approved me for $15k at 15.49% (15 months 0% promo).

 

I have no doubt that my 13+ year history with them was a big influence not only on being approved, but the rate and SL as well.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 19
JAG73
Moderator

Re: WELLS FARGO


@GTC471 wrote:

No, it's not. But from what I read on here, it's probably easier to get their cards if you're a customer. Been banking with them for 21 yrs now. Got my Propel 4/2016 with a score of 620, no credit history (after Ch 13), collections on my report, and a tax lien. I read they are very conservative, but will help their customers.


Nice rebuild from looking at your cards in your siggy! 

 

(Except credit one and first premier) 😬

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 14 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

Ohhh, you sly dog Uncle BSmiley Happy enthusiasm or not for WF, another big congrats for a great approval. You know we got your back UB, whether you got approved for a WF, or a McDonalds MasterVisaSmiley Happy. Sounds a cool name for the card thoughSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 19
UncleB
Moderator

Re: WELLS FARGO


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ohhh, you sly dog Uncle BSmiley Happy enthusiasm or not for WF, another big congrats for a great approval. You know we got your back UB, whether you got approved for a WF, or a McDonalds MasterVisaSmiley Happy. Sounds a cool name for the card thoughSmiley Wink

LOL... thanks so much my friend.  This is another reason I mentioned over in approvals that "...I'm done".  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue 

 

It's not the most exciting product, but it has a place for some of us (and for me).  IMO my own approval is proof-positive that Wells Fargo does, indeed value "relationships".  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

Its nice to know that being with a financial institution for years can have positive effects and results. One beauty of a cc is there are so many flavors that everyone can have a favoriteSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 19
TwistedCircuits
Frequent Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

It's recommended you stay far away from Wells Fargo. You've been warned.



Message 18 of 19
meatman1
Established Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

i HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING AND i AGREE....NOT FOR ME

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.