cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?

tag
hackersmovie
New Contributor

WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?

Considering picking up the Wells Fargo Autograph card (not the new Journey) because it can be very beneficial to me. One question I have is what streaming services are covered? I did find this page: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/autograph-visa/streaming/ which has a seeming short list. The services I'm interested in know if it covers are:

 

  • Max (HBO)
  • YouTube Premium (NOT TV)
  • Netflix
  • Discovery +
  • Paramount +

Any insight would be appreciated!

Personal Cards:


Business Cards:



FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

Re: WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?

The way they've got that worded makes it seem like the only qualifying services are the ones on that short list, but evidence to the contrary is welcome.

 

The Elan Max Cash Preferred/US Bank Cash+ has a "TV, Internet & Streaming Services"  5% category that seems to be based on the MCC codes, so most any streaming service should qualify for it.  (But evidence to the contrary is also welcome)



Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 2 of 7
hackersmovie
New Contributor

Re: WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?


@DakotaM wrote:

The way they've got that worded makes it seem like the only qualifying services are the ones on that short list, but evidence to the contrary is welcome.

 

The Elan Max Cash Preferred/US Bank Cash+ has a "TV, Internet & Streaming Services"  5% category that seems to be based on the MCC codes, so most any streaming service should qualify for it.  (But evidence to the contrary is also welcome)


Agreed. I did see here on the forum though that someone had bought stuff from the Microsoft store that coded as "streaming". That's why I posted this to find out if my specific streaming services would qualify. I believe they should, just looking for confirmation.

 

 

Personal Cards:


Business Cards:



FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 3 of 7
hackersmovie
New Contributor

Re: WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?

I thought for sure more people would have been using this card for streaming services.... Smiley Happy Maybe they're using a Savor One or Amex Everyday LOL Smiley Happy 

Personal Cards:


Business Cards:



FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 4 of 7
Vash1
New Contributor

Re: WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?


@hackersmovie wrote:

Considering picking up the Wells Fargo Autograph card (not the new Journey) because it can be very beneficial to me. One question I have is what streaming services are covered? I did find this page: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/autograph-visa/streaming/ which has a seeming short list. The services I'm interested in know if it covers are:

 

  • Max (HBO)
  • YouTube Premium (NOT TV)
  • Netflix
  • Discovery +
  • Paramount +

Any insight would be appreciated!


I've had this card for about 5 years now from when it was the Propel to now that they changed it to the Autograph. From my use it seems to be limited to the list they have.

 

You can test on something like Peacock as their low offering is like $6 I believe as a test.

 

But in my experience no.

Platinum (NPSL), Gold (NPSL), CSR (21500), DiscIT (9500), CFU (6400), WFA (4000), Apple (4000), BARCALAY(3600), BBP (2000), WalMart (700)
Fico 8: TU 766, EX 754, EQ 784
Current as of 4/2024
Message 5 of 7
hackersmovie
New Contributor

Re: WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?


@Vash1 wrote:

@hackersmovie wrote:

Considering picking up the Wells Fargo Autograph card (not the new Journey) because it can be very beneficial to me. One question I have is what streaming services are covered? I did find this page: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/autograph-visa/streaming/ which has a seeming short list. The services I'm interested in know if it covers are:

 

  • Max (HBO)
  • YouTube Premium (NOT TV)
  • Netflix
  • Discovery +
  • Paramount +

Any insight would be appreciated!


I've had this card for about 5 years now from when it was the Propel to now that they changed it to the Autograph. From my use it seems to be limited to the list they have.

 

You can test on something like Peacock as their low offering is like $6 I believe as a test.

 

But in my experience no.


Thanks for the feedback. I thought it might me limited to their list but, someone here said they made some purchases at the MicroSoft store and it coded as streaming which is not on the list.

Personal Cards:


Business Cards:



FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 6 of 7
Aeon
New Contributor

Re: WF Autograph Covered Streaming Services?

The fine print on their website says: Streaming services are considered: cable and other pay television, digital goods, books, movies, music, and continuity/subscription services. 

 

I've found that to be mostly true, but I don't use many streaming  and subscription services so my data points ar pretty limited.  Amazon Kindle purchases always trigger 3% cashback. The charge now comes through as "Amazon Prime" or "Amazon prime payments", but last year it was "Kindle Svcs." Google One subscription triggers 3%; it codes as "Google  storage." Off the top of my head, I only had one annual subscription not code as 3%, but that was from a pretty small company and the difference in CB was $.30 so I didn't worry too much about it. 

Wells Fargo Autograph (PC'd multiple times) - June 2014 | American Express Blue Cash Everyday - September 2022 | American Express Blue Business Cash - March 2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.