Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF CLI success

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

WF CLI success

My best card, a WF Platinum with a $5,000 CL and 10.99% fixed, was paid down to about $230 last month. The statement closed yesterday, so I called in to get a replacement card, and asked about a CLI. the CSR said it was a soft inquiry, and asked my income and housing expenses. He said I can request a certain amount and the computer may respond with a counter.

I asked for a $3500 CLI and it responded with a $1500. Better than nothing I suppose, 30% increase, not too bad looking at it that way. I've had the card a little over 3 years, have never asked for a CLI and never received one.

Just thought I'd share.

P.S. On this same day I got a letter back from my GW on my WF Edu loans. Denied. Guess they had to keep things balanced :-)

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Regular Contributor

Re: WF CLI success

Good job! Not sure if you saw my post last week, but I did the same thing. They asked how much and I said $1000 because I only had a $2200 limit. Instant success. Some people were worried that it would be a hard pull because most CSRs don't know. I pulled a report yesterday with my CRM and there was not a hard pull. I have had mine for about 3 years and didn't think they would do $1000 because they just unsecured it in September.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.