Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Dillard's transition woes

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

WF Dillard's transition woes

I was unable to access my acct through the new 866 number.

When I entered my acct #, the auto system couldn't find my acct.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to a CSR, so I just hung up after two attempts to enter the acct number.

They had said earlier that new acct #'s and cards would be issued after WF took over from Synch.

It appears that they are not in any rush to do so! 

I had only called to see if a CLI could be still done by phone, since the LUV button is gone. 

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
srchick
Regular Contributor

Re: WF Dillard's transition woes

I've had my Dillards since 2008, and under the new acquisition by WF, you have to re-register your online access.  Here's the correct phone number I used (800-643-8278), and requested my CLI (given $1500 limit), whereas Synchrony Bank had held me hostage with toy limits for years. (Will require HP on TU, so make sure to get a significant limit).  Let us know your results.

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 2 of 18
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Ok, I looked again and the 800# is on one of the "splash" pages that come up before you're logged in.

Anyway.....

Too bad about WF doing HPs for CLIs.....

Right before the transition from Synch, I used the LUV button one last time and got my CL up $7500.

That was the max you could get on the AMEX.

I'll have to see evidence of WF giving out some double digit limits on the Dillard's cards before I take an INQ.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 3 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pazuzu wrote:

Ok, I looked again and the 800# is on one of the "splash" pages that come up before you're logged in.

Anyway.....

Right before the transition from Synch, I used the LUV button one last time and got my CL up $7500.

I'll have to see evidence of WF giving out some double digit limits on the Dillard's cards before I take an INQ.

Not entirely accurate.  My Dillards Elite AMEX is currently $13K (mostly auto-CLIs) and the CL was retained during the WF transition.  There was also someone where I read who had (with visible proof) a Dillards Elite AMEX with $20K.   But the days of customer-initiated SP CLIs are pretty much gone with WF.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifey got CLI from $1,200 to $3,700 literally about a month before the takeover.

It'll stay there, and I don't mind it one bit.

Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

And, if it works with the current spending power, then if it's not broken then no fix required Smiley Tongue  I use mine pretty frequently so most of the CLIs have been automatic.

Message 6 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@pazuzu wrote:

Anyway.....

Not entirely accurate.  My Dillards Elite AMEX is currently $13K (mostly auto-CLIs) and the CL was retained during the WF transition.  There was also someone where I read who had (with visible proof) a Dillards Elite AMEX with $20K.   But the days of customer-initiated SP CLIs are pretty much gone with WF.

+1

So far my $10k limit remains intact *fingers crossed*

Message 7 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@pazuzu wrote:

Anyway.....

+1

So far my $10k limit remains intact *fingers crossed*

So far under WF, my 1st statement has generated and it appears the CL remained intact so hopefully it stays as such.  We'll see in months to come...

Message 8 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got stuck at $7500 for two years. I kept getting CLI denial letters. 

Ron.

Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

I got stuck at $7500 for two years. I kept getting CLI denial letters. 

Ron.

Hmmmm... really?  What reasons did they cite for each CLI denial Ron?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.