Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Propel to Autograph

tag
Roger1071549
New Contributor

WF Propel to Autograph

Looks like Wells may be converting former Propel cards to the Autograph card. Mine is set to convert May 24. 79A9995C-54CD-4E1F-BB8A-E227B7DDD732.jpeg

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: WF Propel to Autograph

@Roger1071549,

Did you receive an email? or ?

I have not received anything ..

I may end up with (2) Autograph cardsSmiley Tongue

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 2 of 54
Roger1071549
New Contributor

I received a mailing. Based on the website they used, it looks like they are doing them in groups. The website for me is wellsfargo.com/propel-may-move. They put some FAQ there and timing for the may move. 

Only thing disappointing, for me, is that it seems like the streaming category is more limited. Hulu and Sirius are both not on the Autograph list, which are the 2 I put on propel. 

Message 3 of 54
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Received my letter yesterday. Same conversion date.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 54
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Roger1071549 wrote:

I received a mailing. Based on the website they used, it looks like they are doing them in groups. The website for me is wellsfargo.com/propel-may-move. They put some FAQ there and timing for the may move. 

Only thing disappointing, for me, is that it seems like the streaming category is more limited. Hulu and Sirius are both not on the Autograph list, which are the 2 I put on propel. 

@Roger1071549, Thank You! ...I will watch the mail.

https://sites.wf.com/propel-move-faq-Autograph/

"Unfortunately, we will no longer be servicing the Wells Fargo Propel Credit Card for existing customers; because of this change, we will be moving your product to our Wells Fargo Autograph Visa®"

Message 5 of 54
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the post. I will keep an eye on the mail. Wonder if it matters if I already have a Autograph card also? Really don't need 2.

Message 6 of 54
mrphilli
Established Member

Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering what the Wells Fargo envelope in my USPS Informed Delivery digest was. Until I saw this thread, I just assumed it was an advertisement in the same way that my ISP sends me upgrade offers with the words "Important Information Enclosed" on the envelope. Smiley LOL

I'm a little disappointed to see the end of the Propel line, but at least this puts a bow on the survey I received around the holidays that "requested my insights" on it.

@Roger1071549 wrote:

I didn't use the Propel credit card for streaming services, but Wells Fargo's web page of eligible streaming services feels way too limited to be a complete list. They include Disney+ and ESPN+ in their list, but not Hulu? They're offered by the same parent company and can be bundled together, so that doesn't really make sense to me.

From a quick search online, I get the feeling that the list isn't comprehensive. Folks on Reddit claimed to receive 3x points for services (mostly streaming cable providers like Spectrum, Xfinity, etc.) not listed on the web page, so it might be worth a one month test to check.

Message 7 of 54
Roger1071549
New Contributor

Yea. I will definitely try it. Neither is too much ($3 for hulu and $6 for Sirius) so I wouldnt lose out on much.

I actually am happy this change is coming. There were no current benefits from being an American Express. Atleast I can now use the card at Costco. 

Message 8 of 54
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing this @Roger1071549 !

Message 9 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well, few of us can say we didn't see this one coming.

I'm sorta sad to see the Propel going away, but on the other hand having the same account as a Visa will making using the card marginally more convenient (no more having to consider if Amex is accepted).  I'm sure those who would use the card overseas are likely happy for the same reason.

On a positive note, doing PCs to other WF Visa cards might be a possiblity now.  If the option becomes available, I might give some thought to changing mine over to an Active Cash... 🤔

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.