Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Skips Reporting Credit/Low Balances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF Skips Reporting Credit/Low Balances?

Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if Wells Fargo doesn't report when you have a credit balance.

I had a $3,787 balance on my Propel card last month. Due date was 4/2. Closing date the 7th of each month. To maximize float, I PIF on the due date, 4/2. Then I redeemed points for cash, giving me a $145 credit balance. The statement closed on 4/9 with a $145 credit balance. 

As it stands today, all 3 updated bureaus still report $3,787 on my Propel card. Even Experian would have sent me an alert when a large balance is paid off. 

I just thought it was odd.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: WF Skips Reporting Credit/Low Balances?

They are to busy giving out CLI's to reportSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 26
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if Wells Fargo doesn't report when you have a credit balance.

I had a $3,787 balance on my Propel card last month. Due date was 4/2. Closing date the 7th of each month. To maximize float, I PIF on the due date, 4/2. Then I redeemed points for cash, giving me a $145 credit balance. The statement closed on 4/9 with a $145 credit balance. 

As it stands today, all 3 updated bureaus still report $3,787 on my Propel card. Even Experian would have sent me an alert when a large balance is paid off. 

I just thought it was odd.

I don't think they are reporting for anyone. I had a statement balance of 128 last month. This month my statement closed at 0 and they have yet to report it. Mine you my statement closes on the 8th. Funny their customer service is open 24/7 currently but they aren't updating anyone's reports. 

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes when the reward is minor I PIF and then have the reward apply to the account. The CRA report $0.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes when the reward is minor I PIF and then have the reward apply to the account. The CRA report $0.

0 is fine. I went from $3787 to -145. Report 0, that's ok. They might not be reporting right now.

Maybe they don't want their computers talking to the bureau computers to minimize computer COVID-19. Social distancing for machines. 

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

And sending me mailers for a BT card that I don't want.
@M_Smart007 wrote:

They are to busy giving out CLI's to reportSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

They haven't been reporting my auto loan payments either.  Customer service said they (auto division I assume) are not reporting because of some Covid law.  I thought it only applied to delinquencies.  Then again, the person may not have known what they were talking about.

It is making me hold off on applying for anything because I don't want to be denied for "no recent payments" on my auto loan, when I have been making them.

I am definitely keeping all my print out receipts of my payments and statements so when they do report, if anything is inaccurate, I can dispute.

frustrating

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My other cards are reporting. Not sure why Wells isn't. No biggie for me, but for others that might not be the case.

Message 8 of 26
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

My Wells is still showing last statement balance, figured it was just a lag between statement cut and FAKO update but my other cards updated properly and they all cut the same day. We'll see in a couple days when my next FAKO updates.

I didn't ask for covid relief so they better give me my CB entries lol, not a fan of No Data lines

Message 9 of 26
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

if its experian only..im guessing experian is behind updating credit reports (Maybe) mines was behind this week but did update this morning trans and equifax usually 2days behind my experian cr update

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.