Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF upcoming cards ?

tag
LADave
Established Contributor

Re: New Wells Fargo cards for 2022

@UncleB wrote:

I've seen this mentioned several times, but unless something has changed Wells Fargo does allow people to PC across networks, in a sense, anyway.  They close the old card, and move the credit line to the new card... the account open date of the old card doesn't carry over, but the credit line is the same and there's no HP.

Here's an example:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-WF-PC-plus-CLD-UPDATE/td-p/5197820 

I don't think the online "card switch" tool was a thing back when @AverageJoesCredit did his PC, so it's possible that if done today his account open date would be carried over as well.

Maybe some others will have more recent data points to share.

Thanks for this explaination. Because it's a new account (and reduces users' AAOA), I don't believe it's a true product change, even if everything else remains the same. Signing up for a new card would potentially be better for a user's AAOA over the long term (not to mention their CU), although that would mean a new HP.

Message 31 of 40
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a very intriguing card prospect for those who were interested in getting the Propel, but didn't have a chance to app before WF discontinued the Propel.  Since I already have the Propel, I think I'll most likely sit on the sidelines for the Autograph, at least for now.  (I know that one of the perks of Autograph mentioned in the thread is that it has 3% cashback on cell phones, but US Bank Cash+ also has one of its available 5% cashback categories available for cell phones, so with the Cash+, I don't really have a major need for Autograph at this immediate time.)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know please if it is possible for existing Propel card holders to app for and have an Autograph card as well?  Main reason I ask is since in the future if WF ever did hypothetically nerf or effectively end/close out grandfathered status for Propel card holders, the Autograph card might be nice for me to have as a backup of sorts.

Message 32 of 40
everest
Frequent Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know please if it is possible for existing Propel card holders to app for and have an Autograph card as well?  Main reason I ask is since in the future if WF ever did hypothetically nerf or effectively end/close out grandfathered status for Propel card holders, the Autograph card might be nice for me to have as a backup of sorts.

I've been wondering the same thing, but for product changes, as we've asked (just out of curiosity) before if the Propel has any PC options, but CSR's have responded that the Propel cannot be product changed to any product, including the older Propels and newer AC and Reflect. It would be nice if it's PC-able to the presumably Autograph VS.

Message 33 of 40
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Thanks for delving the specifics on this @Aim_High.

Looks like that you will have to be a pioneer and try to PC when WF makes this neat option  available.

Message 34 of 40
cws-21
Established Contributor

Isn't there a significant difference between the cellphone protection provided by the old Propel and that of the new Autograph?

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope my propel is not force pc to this autograph. I would like to keep my Amex. I only have 1 other Amex and this one gives me Amex offers.

Message 36 of 40
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope my propel is not force pc to this autograph. I would like to keep my Amex. I only have 1 other Amex and this one gives me Amex offers.

Check your card to see if any are available directly through the card; I think Amex offers have been pulled from the card.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 37 of 40
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Check your card to see if any are available directly through the card; I think Amex offers have been pulled from the card.

Yeah, the only offers I have now are the WF offers that are available to any WF debit/credit card... no "Amex Only" offers as before.

Interestingly, I just tried to add an Amex Offer to my Propel from the Amex Connect site, and it let me.  I think this is new (???), since if I'm not mistaken in the past it would refer you back to the WF site if you tried to add offers to the Propel.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html 

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see now they have been pulled. Bummer.

Message 39 of 40
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Looks like the Autograph is officially available for certain areas.

https://money.usnews.com/credit-cards/articles/wells-fargo-introduces-autograph-credit-card

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.