cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNB closed new account same day - reported possible fraud (WHAT?)

tag
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

WFNB closed new account same day - reported possible fraud (WHAT?)

So my new West Elm account $2000 was opened and then closed few days later by WFNB and reported to CB as possible fraud.  WHAT?!  So, what should I do?  Should I call?  Drive down to the nearest store at 250 miles+?  Need advice.  Thanks.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: WFNB closed new account same day - reported possible fraud (WHAT?)

@indiasnowden wrote:

So my new West Elm account $2000 was opened and then closed few days later by WFNB and reported to CB as possible fraud.  WHAT?!  So, what should I do?  Should I call?  Drive down to the nearest store at 250 miles+?  Need advice.  Thanks.

I would call and find out for sure!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 4
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

I logged into my west elm wfnb account and sent an email. The reply stated reported possible fraud and closed but they sent me a CC so I am confused. They sent the CC to my address - I have never encountered this before

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@indiasnowden wrote:
I logged into my west elm wfnb account and sent an email. The reply stated reported possible fraud and closed but they sent me a CC so I am confused. They sent the CC to my address - I have never encountered this before

Call to activate the card and find out.   You should be able to provide whatever they need to verify it is not fraud.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.