Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB CC w/o HP?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

WFNNB CC w/o HP?

I've read here before that some people have gotten WFNNB CCs without a HP. Something about beginning to make a purchase online and then apping for the card on the store site. I'm wondering if this works if you have opted out. I can't use the typical "pre-selected" websites because of being opted out, so I wonder how this SP WFNNB CC works.

Any insight would be appreciated! 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: WFNNB CC w/o HP?

I left the garden a week ago, got Victoria Secret and Roamans both WFNNB cards no HP or INQ's I allready had accounts with WFNNB so I needed to do is create an account on each of the companies website, attempt to purchase something and during the checkout proccess I given pre-approved offers 500 and 750 nice cards. Had an issue placing the order at victoria secret so I didn't even use the card, but it arrived today. Found a 90 day zero interest offer for Roamans order was placed item recieved, won't post on the card for 90 days. They place a hold on availible credit for the 90 days but no payment is due for 90 days. 

There CLI requirements aren't the greatest but better than CapOne and Target,  first user initiated CLI at 9 months and then possible every 3 months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Hmm. Well, I tried, but didn't get any kind of credit card offer or pre-approval. It looks like it may only work if you're not opted-out. Smiley Frustrated

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 13
littlelottie
Valued Member

@bichonmom wrote:

Hmm. Well, I tried, but didn't get any kind of credit card offer or pre-approval. It looks like it may only work if you're not opted-out. Smiley Frustrated

Could also be the websites you tried it at.  I tried a few different ones (Victoria Secret, Avenue, Kingsize, Metrostyle) and got pre-approvals for some but not others. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I've read here before that some people have gotten WFNNB CCs without a HP. Something about beginning to make a purchase online and then apping for the card on the store site. I'm wondering if this works if you have opted out. I can't use the typical "pre-selected" websites because of being opted out, so I wonder how this SP WFNNB CC works.

Any insight would be appreciated! 

It may depend on the store. I got an Express account (frequent shopper, not CC) and they keep sending me preapproval offers for their CC. Which store are you interested in? 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm thinking about getting a Lane Bryant card, but I'd really like to avoid a HP.  

Message 6 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a Lane Bryant card, but I'd really like to avoid a HP.  

Did you try their site already? It is possible being opted out hindered it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Did you try their site already? It is possible being opted out hindered it.

that's what I think. I tried what people have posted here, but no cc offer or pre-approval showed up. It just wanted me to enter my billing info. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Make sure your computer is allowing pop-ups, because the offer comes in a pop-up widow during checkout... Usually after you enter your shipping/billing address information. 

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 9 of 13
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

Make sure your computer is allowing pop-ups, because the offer comes in a pop-up widow during checkout... Usually after you enter your shipping/billing address information. 

Usually in Firefox, a banner will come up across the top of the screen with the option to allow popups on that site. So, I don't think that is the problem. I really think it's because I'm opted out that it's not working for me.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.