cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN DOES AMEX HARD LIMIT GO AWAY.....

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: WHEN DOES AMEX HARD LIMIT GO AWAY.....

I guess I really don't get the paranoia here.

So you got declined for a business card, so what? That shouldn't stop you from communicating from AMEX regarding any existing accounts. It's not like they're gonna flag you over the phone just for calling.

The only way you're gonna get the answers you're looking for is if you call them.

Let's be honest...the only reason why they didn't ask you to fill out a 4506T is because you didn't have a tax return filed. Now that you've filed, the only way I can see the hard limit being increased or removed is by sending in the 4506T and letting them have the transcripts. You should be ok if your income matches on both sides.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@injustifiiable wrote:

I guess I really don't get the paranoia here.

So you got declined for a business card, so what? That shouldn't stop you from communicating from AMEX regarding any existing accounts. It's not like they're gonna flag you over the phone just for calling.

The only way you're gonna get the answers you're looking for is if you call them.

Let's be honest...the only reason why they didn't ask you to fill out a 4506T is because you didn't have a tax return filed. Now that you've filed, the only way I can see the hard limit being increased or removed is by sending in the 4506T and letting them have the transcripts. You should be ok if your income matches on both sides.

If I fibbed on my application about my income, I would be paranoid as well. I would also refrain from posting on this subject hoping it will eventually go away. Just really hoping some other poster would stop bumping this subject as I am doing here.

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 33 of 34
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

AMEX HARD LIMIT DIDN'T GO AWAY.....

Hey guys... I want to get you opinion on this. I applied for my Plat Amex Dec 2011. Before I got the card in Jan 12, they had already froze it and requested a FR.

I compiled, and they put a hard limit of $3000 . A day later it the hard limit changed to $5000. The consumer rep said " Wow, you must make a lot of money. That's the highest limit I've seen."  I thought to myself uh?  Needless to say, I followed a few AMEX threads and decided to wait it out. It will be two years in Dec, and I still have the limit.  AMEX has not requested another FR nor have they approved any of my other apps. 

I honestly do not mine the hard limit, but I want to get that 6% on groceries :-) 

What should I do? I will be 100% honest about my high utilization. It's mainly due to creditors closing accounts for no damn reason. I have never been late and I have no collections. My credit lines went from 100k to about 40k. $60k of it is pending deletion. (I've been paying it down slowly to hang on to the credit exposure limits.)

Anyways, my income has nearly tripled. In fact, the 2012 was MUCH higher. ( Rem  AMEX asked  for my 2011 1040 on the 4506-t.)  Should I just relax and wait until I pay off or down the closed accounts? Post my 13 month mark my credit report got whacked. I have two accounts that are really making me look bad:

Creditor X

Bal $22,000

Limit $10,000

CLOSED

Creditor X

Bal $8,000

Limit $4,000

CLOSED

I got screwed over by one CU. They gave me a CLI. I used it. Then they slashed me...and I was paying them off and they closed me.

I'm  screwed on 2 accounts because I'm being forced to pay more just to fix my "good"  credit report. I make a lot ,but I have a lot more responsibilities too. Crap sucks. I don't feel like I should have to pay out $20k in one shot to fix something I didn't tarnish per say. Who knows?! It looked like each creditor didn't like the fact that I had X amount of credit with another and that created a chain reaction. For crying out loud. Paypal closed my MC for no damn reason too. 

Hopefully, I made sense. I'm having one lousy week. 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.