cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHICH WOULD BE BETTER TO BUILD CREDIT FASTER.....

tag
teamgray
Contributor

Re: WHICH WOULD BE BETTER TO BUILD CREDIT FASTER.....

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

2 cards are always better than one.. but a lot of banks look at limits too. So the higher limit you have on any given card, the better your chance for approval for a higher limit when the time comes. I would do $9k on one card and $1k on the other..

I know there are a lot of credit unions that will do secured cards up to those amounts.. I think Wells Fargo does too..

I think you will need to have a account before you can have a secured card with Wells Fargo...anyone else heard of this?

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I just learned from Guinness56, that it IS possible to have liens in CA removed if they are paid.

....'once a lien has been levied, you can petition the court to remove it once the debt has been resolved. The easiest way to remove it is to file a motion to expunge in small claims court and show documentation the taxes have been paid in full.'

I'm racing to Small Claims Court!
Message 22 of 40
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I just learned from Guinness56, that it IS possible to have liens in CA removed if they are paid.

....'once a lien has been levied, you can petition the court to remove it once the debt has been resolved. The easiest way to remove it is to file a motion to expunge in small claims court and show documentation the taxes have been paid in full.'

Slow down don't run no one over now Lol

Good news 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Even though it would be off in a year- I want it off now!
Message 24 of 40
teamgray
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Wow! if this is true, i will follow up with it!   I just got notification from FICO.com, that, because i am having something investigated on My equifax, my score just dropped 31 pts!! yikes!!! is that temporary?

"The Struggle is real"

Message 25 of 40
teamgray
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Even though it would be off in a year- I want it off now!

I wonder if you can do the same process for a BK?

"The Struggle is real"

Message 26 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest First National Bank of Omaha for secured card.... they will consider you for unsecured after 15 months... you could probably apply sooner and they offer SP CLI every 4-6 months it is for unsecured card holders according to posts on here!

Message 27 of 40
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would suggest First National Bank of Omaha for secured card.... they will consider you for unsecured after 15 months... you could probably apply sooner and they offer SP CLI every 4-6 months it is for unsecured card holders according to posts on here!

The CLI policy is for unsecured customers and its every 3-4 months with SP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 40
teamgray
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Do you Have a link for them?  do they require you to have an account with them in order to have a secured card with them?

"The Struggle is real"

Message 29 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@teamgray wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Do you Have a link for them?  do they require you to have an account with them in order to have a secured card with them?

https://www.firstnational.com/site/personal/credit-card/visa/visa-secured.fhtml

No I just opened one about 2 months ago... takes a little while for it to be approved but so far I have been happy.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.