Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHOA! Chase FU 3% 1st year!

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: WHOA! Chase FU 3% 1st year!

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I think the correct break-even spending amount for the two offers is $6,667.  This assumes all points are transferred from CFU to CSR and are redeemed through the travel portal.  I'm also assuming that under the old offer, the $150 bonus is a statement credit and cannot be transferred to the CSR.

Still haven't had enough coffee, but $6667 in spend at 3 URs would be 20,001 URs, worth $300.02 in the CSR portal.  $3333.33 in spend at 3 URs would be 10,000 URs, worth $150 in the CSR portal.  However, the math gets really complex for this early in the morning because you would have earned an additional 6667 or 3333 URs the other way on top of the spend bonus.  

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I think the correct break-even spending amount for the two offers is $6,667.  This assumes all points are transferred from CFU to CSR and are redeemed through the travel portal.  I'm also assuming that under the old offer, the $150 bonus is a statement credit and cannot be transferred to the CSR.

You receive 15000 points with the bonus so why you wouldn't be able to transfer them?

Message 12 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

You receive 15000 points with the bonus so why you wouldn't be able to transfer them?

I'm assuming UpperNwGuys calculation is simply that the "extra" 1.5 URs per $ from the 3% offer are worth 2.25c through the portal, with the CSR so to make $150 you need spend 150/0.0225 which gives the $6,667.

If the bonus is really 15000 UR, then the breakeven is 15000/1.5 = $10K and this applies whether or not you have CSP/CSR

Message 13 of 26
redpat
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Still haven't had enough coffee, but $6667 in spend at 3 URs would be 20,001 URs, worth $300.02 in the CSR portal.  $3333.33 in spend at 3 URs would be 10,000 URs, worth $150 in the CSR portal.  However, the math gets really complex for this early in the morning because you would have earned an additional 6667 or 3333 URs the other way on top of the spend bonus.  

Who's on first?????  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 26
dragontears
Senior Contributor

When did they make the sign up bonus statement credit only??
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of ~August 2017, the bonus was 15k UR, not a $150 statement credit. Unless they changed it since then (don't see why they would have), you'd have to run $10k through the card to do better with the new promo than the original SUB. This is under the assumption that you don't care whether or not you get those points over the course of a year, or in a lump sum 3 months from now (most people would prefer the lump sum). This is the case regardless of whether or not you have any of the premium UR cards.

Message 16 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd argue the best SUB was/is the $300/30k UR they were running for awhile earlier this year. So unless you're going to run a lot of spend through the card I don't see the sense of getting this offer; better off at the normal $150/15k UR offer even.
Message 17 of 26
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I’ll have to wait for one of those offers...👆🏽👆🏽

I’m way over 5/24. Just remembered. ☹️😒☹️😡
Message 18 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

lol there is some thinking that the reason Chase is doing this is a honey-trap for the churners. 😂
Message 19 of 26
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I’m not a churner doe.... ☹️☹️😁😂
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.