cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL I GET APPROVED? AMEX BCE RECONSIDERATION

tag
Konfucious

WILL I GET APPROVED? AMEX BCE RECONSIDERATION

I applied for the Amex blue card to complete my rotation of cards last Thursday night and bam I was declined. I called in the next morning and talked to someone from India and he said he would send it in for review. It is now wed. Is it normal to take this long? Website shows "in progress".

I currently have chase freedom, Bofa sig, discover, citi diamond preferred. Total about 32k revolving credit.

No negatives but a couple 30 day late pmts in 2010 2007.

Income 150k
FICO 684
21% utilization
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Re: AMEX BCE RECON

Maybe, but don't hold your breath! Wish you the best of luck!
***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 2 of 9
Konfucious

I guess it's a good thing otherwise they would've just declined it I'm thinking...
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I think it's going to be the util plus the baddies.

Goodluck
Message 4 of 9
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: WILL I GET APPROVED? AMEX BCE RECONSIDERATION

@Konfucious wrote:
I applied for the Amex blue card to complete my rotation of cards last Thursday night and bam I was declined. I called in the next morning and talked to someone from India and he said he would send it in for review. It is now wed. Is it normal to take this long? Website shows "in progress".

I currently have chase freedom, Bofa sig, discover, citi diamond preferred. Total about 32k revolving credit.

No negatives but a couple 30 day late pmts in 2010 2007.

Income 150k
FICO 684
21% utilization

I was approved for the BCE with one late in July 2010 for a car loan. I also just applied with Chase (Freedom) prior to AMEX, so there was one inquiry in my EX CR. That was my only late however, no other negatives, baddies, etc. I was probably approved due to my EX Fico being 750+ and overall util around 9%. So, AMEX will approve you with a late, depending on how long ago that late was and as long as everything else in your CR looks good.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 5 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

For AMex, I believe your cc debt is way too high. Take a look , 32K, wow, that is a lot of liabilities.Get it to less than 10% you will have a far better shot.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 9
Konfucious

32k is my credit limit for those cards. My balance was around 6k when they hard pulled all 3 bureaus. Last night, I paid them all off.

Hopefully I get a response from them today!
Message 7 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep us posted, hope you get it!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Great, you may need to  wait a while for the payments to catch upto the credit bureaus. Good Luck!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.