Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP - Credit Card Wallpaper idea

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

WIP - Credit Card Wallpaper idea

Once I get all my new cards and the various statement dates, etc...Im thinking of taking a photo of each card and making a wallpaper that has them (with numbers redacted).  Once each card I would have the due date and the statement cut date.  I will also have a ledger to tell me which month to let which card report a balance.  Here is my example.  What yall think?

photo.JPG

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WIP - Credit Card Wallpaper idea

@Duncanrr wrote:

Once I get all my new cards and the various statement dates, etc...Im thinking of taking a photo of each card and making a wallpaper that has them (with numbers redacted).  Once each card I would have the due date and the statement cut date.  I will also have a ledger to tell me which month to let which card report a balance.  Here is my example.  What yall think?

That's a good visual, just be sure not to post it on these forums, redact or no redact. There's a rule in place to protect posters that don't allow personal CC pics.

Message 2 of 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

That's a good visual, just be sure not to post it on these forums, redact or no redact. There's a rule in place to protect posters that don't allow personal CC pics.

Ok.  I guess some people have forgotten to edit out names/numbers before in past and yall dont want the liability associated with it.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are two reasons why posting of CC pics aren't allowed: 1) many use it as a form of bragging or boasting (as if having 7 Palladiums isn't enough) and 2) despite editing, there are ways to pull of redacted info. I personally was able to pull off the name, CC #, expiration date, and company name of some personal and business cards posted on these very forums. I removed the pic as a mod, the OP got upset, then I read off the info via PM. He disappeared along with the pics on a picture hosting site. For that reason alone, we remove the pics to protect your and others' info.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.