Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOO HOO ! ! ! !

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

WOO HOO ! ! ! !

I just applied for an Amex Gold Buis. Rewards and was approved. Thanks to all who have helped in teaching me how credit really works and how to care for it.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Re: WOO HOO ! ! ! !

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ahh, I love threads titled "WOO HOO ! ! ! !" Congrats! (Hope they waived your fee the first year.)

I'm really happy with mine. I'm giving it a year and then tiptoeing ever-so-cautiously into the world of their credit cards. Maybe. I'm pretty sure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Good for you! 

Even with all the CLD drama posted on this forum, there's just something about having an Amex that makes ya go WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Super congrats!!
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 4 of 7
davidboca
Contributor

I love my Amex, Congratulations! Amex is one of my favorite cards.

On another note, The Amex CLD drama on this board is really not that bad.... even though CLD/FR is a reality that is happening to many, many members (even some moderators here have not been exempt) on a regular basis.
Use it carefully, and you should not have much of a problem.
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the only thing i would suggest is calling them when you activate and let them know what you plan on spending on it every month and see if that is going to be acceptable to them.
I had a lot of issues in the beginning with my gold not allowing me to charge enough, but they were always very nice and would unlock my charging privaleges with a payment over the phone and then i eventually told them what i needed and they reviewed account and i have never had a single problem again!
Message 6 of 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

davidboca wrote:
I love my Amex, Congratulations! Amex is one of my favorite cards.

On another note, The Amex CLD drama on this board is really not that bad.... even though CLD/FR is a reality that is happening to many, many members (even some moderators here have not been exempt) on a regular basis.
Use it carefully, and you should not have much of a problem.

LMAO -- I did use my Amex wisely.  I just don't think they liked the way I used my BofA card.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.