Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOOHOO! Macys goodwill response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOO! Macys goodwill response

I got my response from Macys last night.  They have agreed to remove all negative information from my credit report. 
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: WOOHOO! Macys goodwill response

Outstanding, heatherskib!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

awesome, WTG!  they're good like that Smiley Happy
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Far Out! Congratulations!
Message 4 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Good work. I know it can be hard to do...a humbling thing to ask.

Doesn't it feel good when it comes to pass?

My husband had a string of 8 lates showing on EQ because of a late payment he made years ago with a different creditor. He didn't catch up for quite some time, so the lates kept coming. (We weren't monitoring our credit then...big mistake.) My husband asked for them to delete the lates...and all were removed. It took a while for him to work up the nerve to ask, but it worked!

Thanks for posting this. It may get someone to make a move that they have been contemplating and ask for goodwill removals.

Message 5 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!  Every baddie gone is one step closer to a higher FICO! Smiley Very Happy   Was it on all 3??  (even better to be outta here!)
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said they would remove the late pays and change to paid as agreed on all 3 reports.   Hopefully this means that my transunion socre will move a little too!  Ir's been stuck at a 581 for months.
Message 8 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They said they would remove the late pays and change to paid as agreed on all 3 reports.   Hopefully this means that my transunion socre will move a little too!  Ir's been stuck at a 581 for months.

Be sure to keep us up on the status.... go heatherskib!!!!!  You're on a roll!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to popular request, here's the contact fax # I used, and a copy of my GW letter.

fax # 513-573-2898 attention Department C

Macy’s Credit Reporting Department
PO Box 8118
Mason, OH 45040
 January 25, 2010 Re:  NameSocial Security number Acct #

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am disputing the charge off of my Macy’s Credit Card due to the fact that the local Macy’s store did not process the refund of two cosmetic items to my account.  I request an investigation of my account and the circumstances leading to it’s being charged –off.  Please send the results of this investigation to Me at Address
 I purchased some cosmetics on Macys.com in August 2008, and I returned them soon after I received them to my local Macy’s store.  I thought that they would simply be recharged to my account and that the return hadn’t shown yet for some reason.  Because of this return I thought that my account was had a $0.00 balance, and did not require my attention and did not think anything of it. During this period my husband lost his job and we were evicted due to our landlords entering foreclosure.  Unfortunately I lost track of the account, and the next time I checked on it the account was in default and had been sent to a collection agency. I am disputing this charge-off due to the fact that the local Macy’s store did not process the refund to my account.   The account was paid to the collection agency on September 2, 2009.  

Sincerely,     me

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.