Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORKS LIKE A CHARM EVERY THREE MONTHS CLI'S FROM MACY'S

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

WORKS LIKE A CHARM EVERY THREE MONTHS CLI'S FROM MACY'S

Hi everyone called in today for a cli from macy's and recieved a $500.00 one, so now I am at $1,500.00. Well this month on the 24th will make it a year with this card, and to say I only started off with $200.00 at first.

So I would say every three months macy's is still giving out cli's as there has been some threads on this forum that it might have changed to say every six months.  I believe this is a good store card to obtain other than Target that is TERRIBLE.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: WORKS LIKE A CHARM EVERY THREE MONTHS CLI'S FROM MACY'S

Congrats.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Tray,

Congrats to you on your CLI. I have a question..can you recall what CB was pulled when you were approved for your Macy's and is it a store card or the visa? Okay,that was 2 questionsSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

Hi everyone called in today for a cli from macy's and recieved a $500.00 one, so now I am at $1,500.00. Well this month on the 24th will make it a year with this card, and to say I only started off with $200.00 at first.

So I would say every three months macy's is still giving out cli's as there has been some threads on this forum that it might have changed to say every six months.  I believe this is a good store card to obtain other than Target that is TERRIBLE.

Congrats...Smiley Very Happy on this I don't have either card. I heard Macy's was an ok card, but you were right about the Target card. "Not worth anything"....they give out paltry credit line with little or no increases. But in any case keep buliding my friend...and congrats againSmiley Wink

King

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps, I'll tackle the Macy's card during Christmas shopping. Or not Smiley Wink.

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard Macy's was an ok card, but you were right about the Target card. "Not worth anything"....they give out paltry credit line with little or no increases.

Target goes up to $20,000, but that might be the Visa.

Message 5 of 14
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Ditto . . . Congrats . . . Smiley Wink . . . . Macys has always been good to me and I like shopping online at their frequent sales.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to ya.

works like a charm for some...Not for me tho.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps, I'll tackle the Macy's card during Christmas shopping. Or not Smiley Wink.

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard Macy's was an ok card, but you were right about the Target card. "Not worth anything"....they give out paltry credit line with little or no increases.

Target goes up to $20,000, but that might be the Visa.

It's all over the Internet even in here....Target is known to not give good credit lines. I applied for this card sometime back. With my current scores..no lates or derog's EVER excellent history. $200.00 paltry line, "Guess What" it went right back to them and I disputed the inquiry and account right off my credit history.Smiley Wink I don't have time to play games.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is a great card, I applied for the card in April to buy some furniture after I closed on my mortgage, I received a $6000 credit line and 12 months no-interest financing, they pulled Experian report. 
Message 9 of 14
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! I opened my Macy's account in November 2007 and started off with a $300 limit. I'm currently at $5,300 and shooting for $7,000 by the end of the year.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.