cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!!! AMEX Zync - INSTANTLY APPROVED! NPSL!!!

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

WOW!!! AMEX Zync - INSTANTLY APPROVED! NPSL!!!

Completely and utterly speechless right now.

I'm not sure what to say.  I had the itch bad. REALLY BAD. I have the 4 year old repo, One 3 year old paid-collection, and 1 INQ on my EX CR. (TU FICO 680 EQ FICO 642)

I thought - What do I have to lose....

I app'd online and got an error message from Amex that they were experiencing system issues, but my app had been received and to check back via their online app status checker.

I simply could not wait.  I had to know!  Called and got the most pleasant CSR on the phone that explained they had been experiencing issues since this morning, but would try and approve me over the phone.  He thanked me for being a card member since 2006 and went on to tell me he had great news for me. I had been approved for the Zync!

Speechless. I was fully and mentally prepared for a denial.

At the conclusion of our call, I decided to ask what the CL was and he told me with the Zync, there is no preset spending limit and it is based on my spending habits and went on to give examples of how much I could run and if needed more, this is how to go about, etc..

Wow....haha.

No way did i think this was going to happen anytime soon.  Whew.  THAT was a rush.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: WOW!!! AMEX Zync - INSTANTLY APPROVED! NPSL!!!

Congrats on the approval !!! That's great news !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 30
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Wow - good for you! That is excellent news!

You will like Amex for sure. Treat them well and they will treat you well! Not to mention the comments you will get on the card.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 30
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

You will like Amex for sure. Treat them well and they will treat you well! Not to mention the comments you will get on the card.

I had my first Amex card back in 2006. They closed it in 2009. After it closed a $5 late fee was sent to collections...it balloned to $250.  I paid it, but wish it never had to go that far.

Either way, I GW'd the TL directly w/ exec. relations and they removed the entire TL.  It hurt me, because it was my oldest account.  Guess that is old news, as this will report as a 2006 card and I couldn't be more excited!

Message 4 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Hopefully the AMEX system will pick up the old card automatically for backdating.  However, I would dig around for evidence just in case.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 30
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I had my first Amex card back in 2006. They closed it in 2009. After it closed a $5 late fee was sent to collections...it balloned to $250.  I paid it, but wish it never had to go that far.

Either way, I GW'd the TL directly w/ exec. relations and they removed the entire TL.  It hurt me, because it was my oldest account.  Guess that is old news, as this will report as a 2006 card and I couldn't be more excited!

+1 - that back dating is really nice. I too had cards in the past and closed them. Never any lates, just did not want to pay that annual fee... Back in 2011, I opened a Zync and had it back dated to 1979 when I got my first green card with them.

AAoA liked that one for sure!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 30
2NE1
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 30
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! If they knew on the phone that you had been a member in 2006, then your backdating should be automatic, though it may not show up on your card. My acct was automatically backdated when I set up the online acct., but both CCs they sent me said member since 12. I really don't care what the card says. It's the boost to my FICO that I love! Smiley Happy

You can request new CCs, but I didn't want to bug them. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 30
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Welcome back to the AMEX family.  Nice feeling isn't it?  Smiley Very Happy

Like Bichonmom said, congrats also on the auto back dating!  Smiley Tongue

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 30
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Welcome back to the AMEX family.  Nice feeling isn't it?  Smiley Very Happy

Like Bichonmom said, congrats also on the auto back dating!  Smiley Tongue

Thanks everyone!

I'm not so concerend about the backdate being present on the card, so long as the backdating reports on the CRs

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.