Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

@creditreformer wrote:
how do you know if you're eligible for credit steps? i recently got a cap 1 (300 CL) no hassles rewards in late april 08, but didn't get anything about 'credit steps.' did cap 1 notify you of that right away?

I've seen a lot of people get a letter in the mail informing them of it. Myself included.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 13
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

They sent me a mailing after I had called 1 or 2 times requesting a CLI.  I got the brochure saying something like, "Want to Increase Your Credit Line... Follow These Steps.'  Something like tha... along with a letter stating the so long as I used the card and had 3 consecutive timely payments, I would get a CLI of 250.00. 

I do not know if the CSP go beyond this... some other people might be able to say if they got another auto after the 6 or 7th month.  I have the No Hassle Points card.

creditreformer wrote:
how do you know if you're eligible for credit steps?  i recently got a cap 1 (300 CL) no hassles rewards in late april 08, but didn't get anything about 'credit steps.'  did cap 1 notify you of that right away?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 12 of 13
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I called and got a CLI, taking acct from 3k to 3750 at or around the 2 month mark.  Less than a month later I got the credit steps to 4250.

I'm sure I made at least 3 payments to qualify.  Let's hope I end up at an even 5k or larger next time.  (I dislike funky amounts.)

Congrats on your increase!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.