cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! I'm part of the 1% exclusive club!!!

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

WOW! I'm part of the 1% exclusive club!!!

Most people probably heard by now, Citi was recently hacked and over 200,000 personal information were affected. That's accounted for 1% of Citi's customer base.

Today, I received a letter stating that I am one of the 1% Exclusive club that was hacked. The letter stated that my credit, email & address has been viewed by hackers.

Hopefully, the hackers will get caught and brought to justice but I highly doubt that would happen.

This incident has made me feel vulnerable...

Here's an article regarding this issue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13711528

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: WOW! I'm part of the 1% exclusive club!!!

I believe Citi will be issuing a new card number to you. You can check with them.

Message 2 of 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

hopefully your aaoa doesnt go down and they will put the open date as your original account opening date

amazon
Message 3 of 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I would go freeze all your CR until this boils over. To ensure there are no new accounts that will be open under your name. Just to be safe. Of course you would freeze if you are not looking for any new hard pull.

Message 4 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about the Visa Black Card...again.

Thankfully, I was wrong.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Haha no it's not about the black card.  I'm not too worried yet, because my social security number, date of birth, card expiration date and card security code (CVV) were not viewed by hackers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't receive any letter from Citi ~ but this past few days, I am receiving the text messages as shown in below ...

Citi Alerting Service Acct # XXXX Subscription Reminder: Citi Alerts freqncy based on your choice.  msg&Data rates may apply.  Reply HELP for help STOP to cancel

I've never received text msg like this from Citi nor from any banks & cccs.  I normally receives text msgs alerts for like due date reminder, payment posted,  and specific alert I set-upped.  May be I should contact Citi to find out what is going on.  What do you think?

Message 7 of 9
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Chances are slim, it's only 1% of their customers. Yet again, over 200,000 is a large number haha Smiley Very Happy

For security purposes I would call, but you should be fine. I think? Smiley Indifferent

-Alexander Dumas
Message 8 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Have you contacted Citi about offering you free credit monitoring service for one year?  I should would if I received said notice.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.