Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW Orchard Bank CLI

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: WOW Orchard Bank CLI

@jackig64 wrote:

All, I logged into my Orchard Bank card today and had a $200.00 CLI.  Not much I know, but considering I requested an increase a month ago and was denied I was pleasantly surprised.  $900 to $1100.00.  I haven't had an increase on this card since 2007.   

Holy moley! I just got the card in march of this year and I got bumped from 300 to 400 Smiley Happy I can't wait to get this card higher!

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 11 of 26
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Do you foks that received CLI's mind providing some additional info (i.e., balance at time of increase, frequency of use, did you recently request CLI, and how long have you had card)?

Thanks -- and congrats!

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 26
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

@ShootingStar wrote:

Do you foks that received CLI's mind providing some additional info (i.e., balance at time of increase, frequency of use, did you recently request CLI, and how long have you had card)?

Thanks -- and congrats!

Just got the card in march, barely used the card, been carrying a 1-2 dollar balance, never requested CLI.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 13 of 26
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

just logged in and noticed the $200 CLI as well.  Big wow!  I've had ths card for some time.  I'll keep it around for age and Util as long a they keep waving the AF. I still charge something small on it every few months and PIF before the statement cuts. 

Message 14 of 26
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

@ MIAML -- do they normally waive the annual fees for you?!  I'll have to try this next go round....  (and, why have I not received a CLI yet?!)  Smiley Sad

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 26
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@ShootingStar wrote:

@ MIAML -- do they normally waive the annual fees for you?!  I'll have to try this next go round....  (and, why have I not received a CLI yet?!)  Smiley Sad

Well they did last year.  I guess I'll have to see if they'll bite again this year!

Message 16 of 26
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

I've had Orchard for YEARS, two accounts actually and I keep them just because they're 2 of my oldest accounts. But no credit line increase, one is currently at $500 the other $600; through the years I've had ONE increase from $500 to $600 on the one card. Last time I requested an increase was years ago, that's when I received the $100. Each of these has been kept under 20% utilization for years, and for the last few months at $0. I just logged in to see if I could request one, "not available at this time" No CLI for me.

On another note... SURPRISED by Cap1, they gave me a $500 CLI. Wasn't requested, wasn't expected - there has been no CLI on this card in at least 5, maybe even 6 years. Similar to the Orchard there is very little activity on this card. In fact I don't think i've actually charged anything to it in over a year (even then it was minimal). Even better...they offered me a 0% on balance transfer for 12 months (3% fee, but still makes sense for me) - jumped on that one Smiley Happy Cap1 just kept me, and happily, for another year.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it better to gave the card and charge something small (say $5 worth) every month and pay it off or is it better to charge A LOT and pay it off several times a month. I have only had the card for 8 months but thought that charging $100-$300 per day and paying it off daily would show them that I have the resources to pay them and therefore I was a good credit risk for a CLI. My account is always $90-$150 OVERPAID but still no increase. I will call again after this statement prints again. Am I doing this wrong? Should I just put this in a drawer instead of the way Im currently using it?
Message 18 of 26
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it better to gave the card and charge something small (say $5 worth) every month and pay it off or is it better to charge A LOT and pay it off several times a month. I have only had the card for 8 months but thought that charging $100-$300 per day and paying it off daily would show them that I have the resources to pay them and therefore I was a good credit risk for a CLI. My account is always $90-$150 OVERPAID but still no increase. I will call again after this statement prints again. Am I doing this wrong? Should I just put this in a drawer instead of the way Im currently using it?

I did that it doesnt make much of a difference with them. I did that with my bestbuy mastercard but paid like 500+  over to increase avalible CL temp. charged like 2000 a month for 3 months they gave me an auto cli of 100 and was 6 months later. that was it after I ran about 10k through it. this was a few years ago. Have seen any CLI on their mastercard in 2 years.

Message 19 of 26
Switch2007
Contributor

---- My balance was at zero. I RARELY use this card, but I have made 2 requests for CLI, unsuccessfully. I've had my card since June of 2010, so not long, but I've done quite a bit with my credit since then. 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.