Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW a Chase surprise this morning...

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

WOW a Chase surprise this morning...

so checking my online chase account seems they closed my Freedom MC and turned it into a VISA...interesting....it was my oldest CC dating back to 1985ish....hope it keeps the history....time to change my signature again.....LOL

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bch238
Regular Contributor

Re: WOW a Chase surprise this morning...

It will retain its history.  My CSP is my oldest card and started out life as a First USA Visa back in 1992.  Then it became a Chase Gold Visa, then a Chase Platinum, then a Sapphire, then a CSP.  The only product change I had any say in was the last one.  It still reports as being 22 years old.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 2 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

THANKS bch, that is good to know...also nice that they raised the CL!

Message 3 of 6
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@bch238 wrote:

It will retain its history.  My CSP is my oldest card and started out life as a First USA Visa back in 1992.  Then it became a Chase Gold Visa, then a Chase Platinum, then a Sapphire, then a CSP.  The only product change I had any say in was the last one.  It still reports as being 22 years old.

Wow you are a pretty loyal Chase card holder, good job!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well odd_dog looks like it is time to upgrade your Chase Freedom Visa to a Signature edition (former Chase Freedom MasterCard).
Message 5 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well odd_dog looks like it is time to upgrade your Chase Freedom Visa to a Signature edition (former Chase Freedom MasterCard).

good point Wanderer....It does not say on the site if it is sig or not....Infact I am so stupid I dont even know if the other Freedom VISA is a sig...I think so - LOL I will have to look when I get home.... Time for a Sallie Mae card...LOL!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.