cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW, i've got an invite to apply for First Premier.

tag
Established Contributor

Re: WOW, i've got invite to applyy for First Premier.

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@plasticman wrote:
Thanks HTSU...I truly would never want to intentionally offend anyone! It is good to know First Premier opinions would not. 

You know, sometimes we find ourselves in a position where we have to make nice to folks like First Premiere. And if that's what it takes to get us moving on down the credit road, then so be it.

But they are most definitely not someone that you're going to want to hold on to for the long run. They are what they are: a rebuilder card. You pays your money, and you gets your benefits. And once you've mutually used one another, then you let one another go.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-08-2009 05:29 PM

+1

Excellent and balanced advice from you once more!  I always appreciate your approach to a variety issues.Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 46
Established Contributor

@hampstenj wrote:

yep, FP is a stinking CC. However I just got it, Yeah fees are pathetic, and trust me if it wasn't for the fact that it was the only unsecured CC that I could get, other than Hooters card(hadn't applied for that yet, and I don't really want to, more ethical wise with some folks in the family).I've had some bad mistakes in my past, Charge-offs of a Walmart Discover, and a US bank card, plus an verizon wireless chargeoff.  (Young, Foolish, didn't realize how bad I could get myself in trouble, so now I'm paying the price for it)...

my plan is in a couple of months is to get a good secured card from Wells Fargo, BOA, or even Citi. But I want a good secured card that will not be stuck on a cliff if you know what I mean. I feel so lucky just to even GET an unsecured card, even if it is from the black plague. I have a 628 EQ fico, that's a 10 point jump with the new FP card on it. 

Best advice on how to deal with this would be welcomed...  

Welcome to the forums!

There have been very recent threads with respect to secured CCs. I would recommend that you take some time and look them up in a search. I have no first hand knowledge but many members do.

Good luck on your better CC quest. With some patience I am certain you will be successful!

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-08-2009 05:46 PM
Message 22 of 46
hampstenj
Established Member

thanks. I'll need some good luck. at age 23 and 4K in back CC debt doesn't look the best on the ol credit report. Luckily I'm nearly out of the SOL's in IL on credit cards. so if I can stick it out a year or so then I'll be in the clear of those mistakes... I know it's the CC forum and not the rebuilding credit forum, but can anyone give me some opinions on how to possibly get this nonsense of my mistake solely out of the past. I know never to deal with CA's, as it would restart the SOL's, but any other advice folks can give me? 
Message 23 of 46
Established Contributor

@hampstenj wrote:
thanks. I'll need some good luck. at age 23 and 4K in back CC debt doesn't look the best on the ol credit report. Luckily I'm nearly out of the SOL's in IL on credit cards. so if I can stick it out a year or so then I'll be in the clear of those mistakes... I know it's the CC forum and not the rebuilding credit forum, but can anyone give me some opinions on how to possibly get this nonsense of my mistake solely out of the past. I know never to deal with CA's, as it would restart the SOL's, but any other advice folks can give me? 

I would highly advise you start your own thread on the "Rebuilding Your Credit" board. Not to put you off  but to steer you in a direction that will provide you with the best results for your particular questions. There are some very experienced members whom post there.
Message 24 of 46
hampstenj
Established Member

thanks... I'll do that... in a bit, but right now I'm off to write that first payment check to FP. got the statement today, and I want to get that done with asap! 
Message 25 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

As always you right, they are known for their generous $300 credit limit. If I apply and approved I'll SD my $50K PenFed and use only FP. Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

@wmarat wrote:
I've just went through my junk mail folder and found an invite to apply for First Premier CC. Should I? Smiley Very Happy

That would be a great boost to the ego.Smiley Happy

Message Edited by wmarat on 09-08-2009 06:16 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 26 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

You'll have to beg

@Anonymous wrote:

@wmarat wrote:
I've just went through my junk mail folder and found an invite to apply for First Premier CC. Should I? Smiley Very Happy

I opted out and now look what I missed ... this choice opportunity.  Do you think if I opt back in I could be so lucky Smiley Happy

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 27 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Blacker than Centurion

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh boy!  Oh boy! Oh boy!  Was it the black card?Smiley Surprised

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 28 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Due to recent application and ton of new accounts scores are:

TU 753

EQ 726

EXP 728 (courtesy of my local CU)

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what are your scores now, wmarat?

I'm guessing you're up in the 760 range, at least. Why on earth are you still on their mailing list???

Would it be good enough for FP?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 29 of 46
Established Contributor

@hampstenj wrote:
thanks... I'll do that... in a bit, but right now I'm off to write that first payment check to FP. got the statement today, and I want to get that done with asap! 

+1

You definately have your priorities in good order! Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.