cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOWSER!!!!! NavyFCU Is Simply the Best!!!

tag
orl2185
Established Contributor

WOWSER!!!!! NavyFCU Is Simply the Best!!!

Just rejoined NavyFCU in 06-09 Opened checking account with them rarely use it BTW. Opened savings as well, same barely use it.

Applied and was approved for Cash Back Visa CL 2k, Following month applied and got Plat Visa CL 500 on that one.

FF today, noticed cli on both cards to 5k each, and was preappoved for NAVChek 10k, took it. 

Refreshed my browser... New offer comes about for an auto loan Apr 3.25 up to 35k. I'm really considering this great offer. I'm so elated.

NavyFCU RAWKS!!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Re: WOWSER!!!!! NavyFCU Is Simply the Best!!!

WOW! Congrats!!  Your post have really got be excited!!  I am a new member with NFCU (1/2010) and I can hardly wait until I am able to apply for the loans and cc's with them.  NFCU pull and report to Equifax, right? 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 2 of 16
orl2185
Established Contributor

NFCU strictly pulls Equifax, I just saw a hard pull on my EQ though.  BTW, they now want all new credit apps to have direct deposit set up prior to applying with them.

One Sour note.... My fed tax was deposited today, but won't be available tll tomorrow.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct deposit, or auto draft pay?

I applied in November and they didn't have any requirement.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@orl2185 wrote:

NFCU strictly pulls Equifax, I just saw a hard pull on my EQ though.  BTW, they now want all new credit apps to have direct deposit set up prior to applying with them.

One Sour note.... My fed tax was deposited today, but won't be available tll tomorrow.  Smiley Very Happy

Not available till tomorrw?  Really?  Usually wire transfers or direct deposit get immediate credit, IME.  But mine goes to BoA.  Wire transfers with NFCU and PSECU credit in 1 to 2 hours from the time they were sent.

Message 5 of 16
orl2185
Established Contributor

Told me some lame excuse about the deposit being received late by them. No big deal for me though, just wanted to pass that along to other members.

As for setting up DP, my mother has been approved for cc and navcheck, but they will activate only after DP is set up.

I recall reading this before on another web post as well.

Message 6 of 16
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Direct Deposit?  Are you Sure?  I don't want a direct deposit of my payroll because there are no branches in my area and I can't play around with my payroll...too many bills?

Message 7 of 16
orl2185
Established Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:
Direct Deposit?  Are you Sure?  I don't want a direct deposit of my payroll because there are no branches in my area and I can't play around with my payroll..Too many bills?

Call and ask them, it may not apply to you but it did for my mother.

As for the DP, no branch nearby as well. I love my DP with them, access funds in local CU's and 7-11 stores here in NYC. Seen lots of other locations to access my account in the city.

Message Edited by orl2185 on 01-29-2010 07:44 PM
Message 8 of 16
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I'll get around to calling them eventually but I guess there is no hurry to find out, just want to see what others have to say about this.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 16
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I joined in July and got 2 visa cards with them. It seems like it was about September that the direct deposit requirement was mentioned by new members. However, my wife and son joined after that and both were approved for visa cards without any mention of direct deposit. It may have been speculation on someone's part but the indication was that it would be required of those with thin credit files or no revolving trade lines. Don't know if that is true or not.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.