cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

tag
tatiana
Contributor

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

I have a BK (2002), and Chase has given me no troubles regarding the WaMu changeover.  As you can see above, I successfully converted my ex-WaMu card into the Freedom. 

I have another Chase card (from 2002) that I tried to convert previously, with no luck.   Someone recently informed me that some of the older Chase rewards cards are ineligible for conversion, which explains why.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 21 of 78
tatiana
Contributor

They'll probably mail you a new card.  I asked, and the CSR told me I'd be sent a new card ASAP. 

I made my conversion call on Thurs afternoon, and my former WaMu account is already tagged "Freedom" on the Chase site.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 22 of 78
mphan
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just converted my WaMu Platinum to the PerfectCard, as well. The CSR said that the benefits will be available in 3 days. So, how does this work? Do I use my same card, or will they mail me another? 

You can still use the old WaMu card. They won't send you a new Chase card unless you ask for one. You can also log into online banking and request a replacement card for primary card holder (you need to call for AU card).

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 23 of 78
SWISSOATL
Contributor

I just got changed over to the PerfectCard! and I asked for a new card to be sent! It will have the same acct# and all but will say CHASE! Lol! im sooo happy!

How about when i called the first time this lady said i didnt qulify for any upgrades and gave me a bogus application# 8882119095! A mess! So I had to call back s/w a rep that sounded like she didnt want to be there on today (saturday) so i stayed upbeat and she pushed thru and gave me the perfectcard! yaay!

EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 24 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of today, it now shows "Chase PerfectCard" as opposed to WaMu! I called and requested a replacement card.

I have another Chase card (Amazon rewards) that I foolishly signed up for when I was reeled in by the application bonus, despite never shopping Amazon. So, it's kind of useless to me. Do you think they could convert that card, as well, or is this just a WaMu thing? 

Message 25 of 78
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I got a Chase Amazon card a few months ago and called a couple of weeks later to see if I could change it to a Freedom card.  It only took a minute or two, no inquiry and had the new card in 10 days.
Message 26 of 78
dondk
Valued Member

the phone number worked like a charm!  Thanks

changed to the Freedom, no AF (the perfect card has AF now) and took the cash back option. 

Could not talk into lower APR, was told to try again in 6 months. WAMU rate jacked me before the changeover so I was not expecting much. I already have another Chase card, so fingers crossed the two accounts will hopefully show them enough that I can get my APR lowered. Since I have a 2500 CL already, I really can't complain that much and since I PIF every month I have not paid interest in 18 months. 

Message 27 of 78
mphan
Contributor

dondk wrote: 

changed to the Freedom, no AF (the perfect card has AF now) and took the cash back option.

No kidding... who give you that info? I changed to the PerfectCard. No AF. It's a joke when both cards have similar rewards but PerfectCard has AF.

Take a look at  PerfectCard Application. No AF.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 28 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU!

number worked like a charm live person after 1 ring (on a sunday afternoon too) 

switched from old wamu card to perfectcard for family member

they thank you too ;p

Message 29 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...that number worked like a charm for me too. After combining my Chase card and 2 Wamu cards into one they only offered me the Travel Plus card to change too. Tried that other number and now have the Freedom Plus!
Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.