cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

Can anyone speculate on the criteria which allows some the perfect card and others the freedom? 
Message 61 of 78
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I feel like it's a hit and miss type of thing with the CSR.
Message 62 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Real head scratcher there Smiley Indifferent  The lady I spoke to (Patti) didn't bat and eye and it only took a couple minutes total to move to the Freedom Plus.  My Chase online account showed Chase Freedom Plus the next day. 

And some people have posted that when told no by first person, they hung up, called right back and the next CSR put their request through. 

Now I did joke and flirt with her, talked about kids, cracked corny jokes, but I don't think that was the deciding factor.  I do that regardless.  I consider to it a personal mission to make sure I get them to laugh and smile. Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-31-2009 04:12 PM
Message 63 of 78
augustus80
Established Member

Let me guess, you're in sales?  Smiley Wink  Building rapport is the key to everything....  
Message 64 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ain't we all? Smiley Happy
Message 65 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ain't we all? Smiley Happy

You know what? That is a dead, solid, perfect observation! Each of us are required to sell something on a constant basis. Most people don't realize it and therefore don't try. If nothing else; we are selling our opinions, desires and our very self. By using the basic sales gimmicks of polite, friendly, helpful, interested and PERSISTENT; we can get much more of what we want in the world.

Message 66 of 78
augustus80
Established Member

"By using the basic sales gimmicks of polite, friendly, helpful, interested and PERSISTENT; we can get much more of what we want in the world."

Yes, this is very true.  It works wonders in every angle of life....  Try it!  Next time you call to get a product change, CLI, new credit, etc...  ask the CSR how they are doing, how's the weather, where are they located, how was their weekend, how's their week going, etc.....  any conversation builder...     I've worked in sales for awhile, so I must use this.  However, I see myself using stratagies from my sales life in my personal life.  It's all the same.  Just don't be fake, be real!  ;-)

This topic would be a good "NEW THREAD".

Message 67 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know that I would call it gimmicks, I prefer to call it human nature.  Learning human nature can benefit both you and others.  When we do something special or nice for somebody because we know it pleases them, are we selling or are we being a nice person.

Sales is really just a form of influence.  All influence can be positive or negative, genuine or fake, win-win or self serving.  You can influence a friend for the better.  You can influence yourself to get in shape.

Basically put, you are either selling someone esle or you are selling yourself.  Hopefully we are selling quality "product", which is better put:  We all exert and communicate influences at all times, both to ourselves and others.  The positive or negative nature has to do with state of mind, expectancy of results and whether mutually or exclusively benefitial. 

Message 68 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Webster doesn't give the word gimmick all bad connotations and I didn't intend to either. "an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle". Often, the angle is the selling factor.

Be creative, I'll buy from you. Recite from a script and you will be smooching my door knocker.

Message 69 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

point taken Smiley Happy .  however, I think most people think of gimmick in a less formal way Smiley Happy
Message 70 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.