Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu/Hooters

tag
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

WaMu/Hooters

I see alot of you posting about WaMu (whom I never heard of before) and Hooters.  What type of score should you have before applying for their card? I am at 600 for all three CRA's.

Message Edited by MsKmm00 on 01-19-2008 07:35 PM
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu/Hooters

Hooters will take you at 600.

I would get the score up a bit more before WAMU.  
Message 2 of 22
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Cool ... thanks
Message 3 of 22
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

I remember seeing a thread advising what agency Hooters will pull from. Does anyone know?
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooter's pulls TU. They will give you a decent starting limit too. The APR is usually less than desirable, but, a good card for re-building. I PIF, I got stuck with 29.9. Ouch!
Message 5 of 22
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

I am trying to rebuild so I could just charge a little and PIF like you stated. Man 29.9 ... guess I won't be using it for my late night drive-thru addiction Smiley Very Happy

I was reading a post that says the card issuer is Merrick bank.  I was denied by Merrick in July 2007 (for a pre-approved offer no less).  I just checked my reports and they pulled from Transunion.  I don't know what my score was at that time.  Should I still apply or wait until I am over the 600 mark.  I currently have Cap1, Orchard Bank, and DMB Discover CC's and a Target Red card. All for over 2 years with no late payments. Have only PIF on any 2 times.

Message Edited by MsKmm00 on 01-19-2008 07:56 PM
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should of mentioned my scores were about 550 and I had some medical collections and other junk on there before I cleaned my reports up. If you don't have alot of garbage on there and score's decent, you won't get raked over the coals like I did. But, I can't complain. It's got a 1250 cl and it's not secured. Oh, and I got the 72 AF. I asked for it app-ing with a cr in the shape it was in, so, nobody's fault but mine!
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, they denied me too, but I forgot I had ended up with a FA on my file. I applied in July 07 the first time. Declined. I re-apped in Sept and got the 7 day letter. I had to fax my DL, SS card and current utility bill with name and address. Got approved that time.

Edit on the FA. It was on the second app.

Message Edited by stef37 on 01-19-2008 05:02 PM
Message 8 of 22
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Well you have given me some hope. I am afraid to try, but all the cards I have have minimal credit limits. The highest is the $600 Discover which not everyone takes.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH got approved for 2000 and his scores and reports are a mess!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.