Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu Must Be The Only One that...

tag
Niki9
Regular Contributor

Re: WaMu Must Be The Only One that...

You guys are all LUCKY .....

I have 2 WAMU cards (1 was prior providian).

I have NEVER had a CLI!!!!!!!!!

I have had them both for over 2 years.  The Providian maybe like 3 years.

My limits are $3000 and $4000.  (that's where they started and they have not moved)

However, I will say that for most of the time I was over 80% util.  I always pay on time.  sometimes min.  Sometimes more.

Now, that I am not Maxed... I am awaiting an automatic CLI.....

So, far - no such luckSmiley Sad

Message 41 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the card, and I got the following message: Thank you for choosing WaMu! We are not able to process your application at this time. Rest assured, we received your application and will process it as soon as possible, so there's no need to apply again. We will provide you with information on your application status by mail within approximately 2 - 4 weeks. Once again, thank you for your application! I hope I get approved.
Message 42 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am starting to realize based on some of the things that I have read about WAMU that to get a cli from them you have to use their card regularly but keep your utilization way below 50%. 
Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

landocalrissian wrote:
I am starting to realize based on some of the things that I have read about WAMU that to get a cli from them you have to use their card regularly but keep your utilization way below 50%. 

Not sure about that statement.  My uti on this card was high on my first two CLIs.  Last month statement found me at 20% (1200.00) this month statement found me at 2%....no CLI.  One other statement during the six month period was 9.00 which was the min payment so I see a min payment made in that monthSmiley Mad

Not advising you to run up your card but it seems I got more CLIs when the card was heavily utilized sometimes as much as 80%. 90%.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-17-2007 08:43 AM

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-17-2007 09:07 AM
Message 44 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use it but don't abuse it.

I have never carried a balance more than 60 days.
I have ran it up almost to CL- but have paid it off immediately. I have gone months w/o using it at all.

I like to keep my creditors thinking-
Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
Use it but don't abuse it.

I have never carried a balance more than 60 days.
I have ran it up almost to CL- but have paid it off immediately. I have gone months w/o using it at all.

I like to keep my creditors thinking-

Definitey!!!  My high utuilization was for a couple of their 6 mos 0% BT offers which were paid before expiration.  I think that they like for you to take advantage of offers but they also like to see more than min payments.

Right now I am using it for the cash back feature for actual purchases.  I have other cards for major purchases so the uti will not be that high again especially with Chase rumblings in the distance.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-17-2007 09:15 AM
Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Niki9 wrote:
You guys are all LUCKY .....
I have 2 WAMU cards (1 was prior providian).
I have NEVER had a CLI!!!!!!!!!
I have had them both for over 2 years. The Providian maybe like 3 years.
My limits are $3000 and $4000. (that's where they started and they have not moved)
However, I will say that for most of the time I was over 80% util. I always pay on time. sometimes min. Sometimes more.
Now, that I am not Maxed... I am awaiting an automatic CLI.....
So, far - no such luckSmiley Sad

At least I know I'm not the only one who can't get anything out of them. I even had a credit on my account of $500 for 6 months and got nothing. I try not to carry balances on it at all but it seems they just don't like me. Around 4 years and no increase....Blah

WAMU...ugh

Message Edited by EddieX on 12-17-2007 04:47 PM
Message 47 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't know about WaMu, but I thought it was interesting that the Citi CSR told me that I wasn't eligible for a CLI because I didn't use the card much. I have since put as much as 85% of the CL on it (pretty easy with a CL of $775!), but I paid it off before it posted. And he was looking at the total charges I had put on it through the month, not statement balances.

So my tactic now is to regularly use a card up to about 60-70% of util, pay it off quickly, do this a couple of months, and then follow Timothy's lead and park them for a month or two. This works for my cats with their toys (twitch it around a lot, and then let it lie still), and we'll see how it does with CCC's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 48 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually sent a secure email inquiring as to where I messed up.  I have gotten regular increases and have used the card when it doesn't happen, it puts me on point.  I know the bank is having issues right now but I really love this card and hope to grow with it a whle longer.
Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Standard automated canned response Smiley Mad
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.