Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu Preapproval Offer(s)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu Preapproval Offer(s)

Like Peas, I too receive an abundance of preapprovals from WaMu.  After close inspection I realized
the BT rate & no account fee is the same, however the APR's are either 8.99% or 14.99%.  The offer I just received is for 14.99%.  My previous offer was for 8.99% & it ended two days ago.

Does anyone know if I apply for the card with the higher APR, can I do a reconn or speak to someone to try and get the lower APR or will I need to wait for another preapproval (which won't be long) with the 8.99% APR.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WaMu Preapproval Offer(s)

I would guess wait.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait it out.  WaMu does not have good CS and is not known for success with recon.

If you ignore their offers for a while, they tend to get better with time.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

PurpleHaze,

Was the 8.99% offer received through postal mail? If so, you might want to visit the url on the offer, type in the invitation code to see if the expiration date for the offer has been extended.

In mid-June, I received an 8.99 offer from WaMu, which on paper said it expired July 24th. However, when entering the code online, it showed an expiration date of Sept 11th.

I app'd for it after the July 24th date, was approved, and still received the same 0% BT for 6 months, then 8.99% terms.
Message 4 of 7
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Does a wamu preapproval ever lead to approval?  They flood me w/preapproval offers and the 2x I fell for them, I was denied, so I gave up trying lol why do they keep sending them?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my offers have been via postal mail.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks to all who posted. Not sure if I should apply for WaMu or not.  I can't tell from the undertone on the board if it is a good card or not.

mjgray wrote:
PurpleHaze,

Was the 8.99% offer received through postal mail? If so, you might want to visit the url on the offer, type in the invitation code to see if the expiration date for the offer has been extended.

In mid-June, I received an 8.99 offer from WaMu, which on paper said it expired July 24th. However, when entering the code online, it showed an expiration date of Sept 11th.

I app'd for it after the July 24th date, was approved, and still received the same 0% BT for 6 months, then 8.99% terms.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditreformer wrote:

Does a wamu preapproval ever lead to approval?  They flood me w/preapproval offers and the 2x I fell for them, I was denied, so I gave up trying lol why do they keep sending them?

They flooded me, too.  I ignored them for a few months, even as the offers kept getting better and better.  Finally, I got an offer for the Real Rewards MC rather than the standard non-rewards Platinum, so I jumped on it.  Instant approval for $15K when my highest reporting non-AU balance at the time was $2K.  I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that I've done my banking with them for about seven years, though.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.