Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu Product Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu Product Change?

Similar to Amex or Chase - does WaMu allow you to do a "product change" from one card to another (without a hard inquiry)? I currently have an old Providian Padi Mastercard and would like to switch to any other WaMu card that has either a lower APR or some type of reward.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu Product Change?

Not sure about that, even though I have 2 WaMu cards. You should try calling their back door telephone # and asking them.

Have they not converted your Providian card to a WaMu one?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope - I still have a providian card. You?

And can you share with me the back door number? Many thanks!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they converted my Providian to WaMu card back in February.

The back door tele # for customer service: 800-788-7000
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, thank you Sylviatob!

Can I ask what card did they change it to and was their a change in APR, CL, or anything else?

Lastly, do they call it a "product change" or something else?

Thanks again!

-PJ
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

pj, Providian was the 2nd card I have ever, ever had. That along with Cap1. Both are 8 years old.

When I still had the Providian card, my cl was $3,200. After the buy out and the change over and new WaMu cc, with no notification, they dropped my cl to $1,320. I called up the CSR and griped at him for a while, to no avail. Even threatened to cancel my acct. He couldn't have cared less.

But I'm sure glad I didn't because I went online with them(have never done so before), saw my TU graph(my TU was 521), and it was then I started climbing out of the credit hole I'd dug for myself.

Early this month, received a 0% BT, 9.99% offer for their Visa Platinum. Applied over the phone, was approved. Didn't know cl until I received the card. They gave me $6,500 cl.

So now I have 2 Visa Platinum's from WaMu.

Hope that answers your question.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely - thanks for everything Sylviatob!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.