Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu pre-approval

Recently I have been receiving "pre-approval" letters from WaMu with the usual reservation numbers, balance transfer deals, etc. I'm skeptical to reply, due to a bk7 from 2004 that had a Providian account included.

Should I apply?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu pre-approval

BK 7 in 2003, approved about two months ago for 4K. Providian IIB.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm blacklisted by Wamu. Applied a couple months ago with pre-approval off my checking account and got instant denial, not even a credit pull. Letter came weeks later stating I had providian co so YMMV.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized something, I have a CA on one report from 2001. It was for a checking account that went south, before I had my life in order. With that still showing Im sure is the reason they denied my pre app every time.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the denial letter should state the reason(s) why you were denied. Did they even pull your credit because with me they didnt even pull mine and my co was from 2001 also.

Message 5 of 14
hbmcracer
Valued Member

I just got a pre-approval letter.  I'm hesitant to apply in fear that I may be turned down.  I don't need another credit card right now, but it's better rates than my other 3.  How can they justify turning you down when they send you a pre "approval"?
7-24-08 EQ 537
8-20-08 EQ 568
5-13-09 EQ 606
10-18-10 TU 633
12-20-11 TU 671
Message 6 of 14
MrCredit
Established Contributor

preapproval dont mean nothing..... I have gotten one from them and was denied for excessive inqs scores in the mid 600s dont do it... I hate their policy of no clis unless they feel like it and no APR reductions either... you cant ask for anything!
Message 7 of 14
tatiana
Contributor

They do APR reductions.  I asked for and got one in the not-so-distant past. 
-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

+1

@tatiana wrote:
They do APR reductions.  I asked for and got one in the not-so-distant past. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one of these as well last week. I applied and was approved. This is my first credit card though and my CR's are completely clean. I think it's a good card. 
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.