Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wachovia Credit Card

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wachovia Credit Card

Anyone know how hard or easy it is to get this card?

They pulled TU to open my checking and savings, is it same for credit card? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Re: Wachovia Credit Card

They pulled TU and EX for me. I'm in Calif. I was denied with 630 FICOs back in November 2007, a month before the "start" of the financial crisis. Any particular reason you want a Wachovia card with the recent sell-off to Wells Fargo? My understanding is that Wachovia took one of the hardest hits since they bought Countrywide (and all of its "toxic" mortgages) and probably aren't in the best position to be lending (consumer credit cards).
Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

correct me if I'm wrong, but Bank of America bought Countrywide?

I was interested in the credit card because I just opened a checking and savings account. 

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I got their CC back in Sept/Oct with a TU FICO of about 690 or so. They started me off with $2500 and it was my second biggest CL at that time.

I have yet to figure out how to pay online, but I've paid easily at the teller and and have also transferred from checking to the CC without issue. I've had no issues. They gave me 0% where it still stands today.
Message 4 of 7
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Yep you are correct and I am mistaken. Wachovia bought ARM-lender Golden West, NOT Countrywide. But you get the idea here ... Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

have two cards from them one with 10000 cl the other with 8500 cl , scores were in low 700s when i got them

they dont offer many deals on bt after the first year at zero percent, 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Wachovia visa for years. They sold their credit cards a little while ago, the branch manager told me and tried to get me to apply for a new one.  They have instructions on their website about discontinuing the download of statements.  Don't remember who the new company is offhand.  They are deffinately going through flux.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.