cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wachovia (correction: Wells Fargo) CLIs are sensitive to...

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Wachovia (correction: Wells Fargo) CLIs are sensitive to...

Spoke to Wachovia about a CLI increase...and as part of our dialog it was mentioned that CLIs are sensitive to:

1) Number of accounts opened in last 24 months

2) Number of inquiries in last 12

I almost chuckled and said, "oh, so you guys are following Chase Bank's lead" on the open accounts. I asked was there a set number of accounts (as we know, Chase is 5/24) and she said she wasn't sure. The last part, which I wasn't willing to do, was to take an HP if the SP wasn't automatic approval.

Thought this might help someone....

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wachovia CLIs are sensitive to...

Interesting Post.. Thanks for the info....

Message 2 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What kind of Wachovia CCs are still around? I would have thought Wells Fargo would have moved Wachovia customers to WF-branded cards by now.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, is this for a Wells Fargo account that used to be with Wachovia?  Last I recall, there weren't any Wachovia products after WF acquired them.

Message 4 of 20
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

What kind of Wachovia CCs are still around? I would have thought Wells Fargo would have moved Wachovia customers to WF-branded cards by now.

That was my thought as well! I haven't even heard te name Wachovia in many years!

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 20
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Apologies folks...I date back to First Union...Wachovia is what I still say altho it's now Wells Fargo.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for clarifying OP.  Ah, yes the good old days of First Union.   I used to have accounts with both institutions before WF gobbled them up. 

And, WF has been known to be wonky with CLIs at times. 

Message 7 of 20
RickNATL
Established Contributor

@finstar

Not a problem...I have to get that new name (WF) into my dialog...lol

Message 8 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Wachovia (correction: Wells Fargo) CLIs are sensitive to...

Thanks for sharing cuz I wasn’t too sure about WF CLI requests but as far as apps go, Yes from my own DP from last year, WF shunned my app 07/2018 when I was 5/24. 56 days and about 8 FICO pts LESS later they approved me when I became 4/24! So yeah I think they’re mirroring Chase’s LOL/24 Denials!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 20
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Wachovia (correction: Wells Fargo) CLIs are sensitive to...

@JR_TX wrote:
Thanks for sharing cuz I wasn’t too sure about WF CLI requests but as far as apps go, Yes from my own DP from last year, WF shunned my app 07/2018 when I was 5/24. 56 days and about 8 FICO pts LESS later they approved me when I became 4/24! So yeah I think they’re mirroring Chase’s LOL/24 Denials!

I was approved for a wf propel earlier this month, sl of $11,000. I was at 6/24

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.