Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait Time Between CLI Requests

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Wait Time Between CLI Requests

I'm in the garden at least until the beginning of next year. Despite the fact that these are discussed frequently on the forums, I'd like to know the optimum wait times between CLI requests for Discover, Chase and Capital One. Here are my last CLIs:

CFU 12/17
CSP 4/18 (SL)
Disc It. 5/31/18
QS. 5/31/18

I know that Disc and Cap1 CLIs can be requested anytime with a SP. Chase is a sure HP on EXP. I have 5 HPs there, now. I'm just looking for best minimum times between CLI requests.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wait Time Between CLI Requests

You can ask Cap 1 every 6 months...soft pull cli

Chase is a hard pull for cli requests...every time...auto soft pull cli are rare...

You can ask discover any time you want...there are data points all over the place for how often they approve it...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One is only 6 months if you were approved, no time limit if denied.
Message 3 of 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@kshurika wrote:
I'm in the garden at least until the beginning of next year. Despite the fact that these are discussed frequently on the forums, I'd like to know the optimum wait times between CLI requests for Discover, Chase and Capital One. Here are my last CLIs:

CFU 12/17
CSP 4/18 (SL)
Disc It. 5/31/18
QS. 5/31/18

I know that Disc and Cap1 CLIs can be requested anytime with a SP. Chase is a sure HP on EXP. I have 5 HPs there, now. I'm just looking for best minimum times between CLI requests.

Many thanks.

Cap One is 6 months from your approved request or combination of accounts.

Disco is when they feel like it. I think it’s heavily based on the number of swipes you’ve done. 

My experience with Chase is that they were more inclined if I kept PIF versus keeping a balance. But I also hit the Chase unicorn with an auto CLI which doubled my CL. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive been getting a discover cli every third statement ive tried many times before the third statement but they always send me a letter saying 'no experience with current credit limit' 

Message 5 of 6
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Very helpful information from everyone. Thank you, very much.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.