Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for CLI to post or do it

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wait for CLI to post or do it

@SnackTrader wrote:
I haven't been paying attention, but US Bank Cash+ is available through phone apps!?

Can we do online again?

No, no, no.... what I did was phone in my application, as in call them.  Didn't feel like paying a visit to a branch, you know, incase the 19 year-old smokin hot college girl had to decline me.  How could I live with myself?  

Sorry for the confusion.

Message 11 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

But wouldn't that mean I could call in and apply over the phone!? And anyone else for that matter, by just calling a branch worker...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
But wouldn't that mean I could call in and apply over the phone!? And anyone else for that matter, by just calling a branch worker...

I suppose, yea.  I literally called Cash+ Customer Service.  The rep told me to call 800-320-2282 and I could apply over the phone.  So I did, and the rep was right.

Message 13 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Wow, this is potentially huge! Or, maybe everyone else already knew this and I'm just slow -- which is always very possible.

Anyway, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post back updates! And best of luck to you.

For info purposes, how far do you live from an actual branch?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 14 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Wow, this is potentially huge! Or, maybe everyone else already knew this and I'm just slow -- which is always very possible.

Anyway, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post back updates! And best of luck to you.

For info purposes, how far do you live from an actual branch?

Five branches within five miles according to their map.  I have no clue, don't bank with them (yet).

Message 15 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts on the CSP

Fingers crossed for the other one

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Oh wow - you're actually within their footprint. I am as far away as you can get!

Message 17 of 27
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry for my delayed response-there's alot of threads to read. Smiley Tongue

Microfiche, I wouldn't be surprised.

Oops, forgot- CONGRATS on CSP!

I know there are.  See what happens when we get impatient?  We app.  

Thanks.  CSP and BCE make a good pair.  If I actually get the Cash+ too then I'll retire from apping.... oh who am I kiddingSmiley Happy

My credit journey to where I am now was exactly because of this reason!  I got impatient with Capone and how they never gave increases.  I had a card with them for two years and no CLI.  I asked for that and a removal of my AF.  They said no, so I said go, go, get out of my wallet.    Then I got more involved with the blogs and learned a few things and decided that I could be a little impatient and probably get the cards I wanted a bit sooner. 

I wish Barclays were less like Capone in some ways!  I have been waiting for a year now for a CLI.  In less time my PayPal card has gone from $1500 to $3000 and then to $7500!!!  I got impatient in the first place with Capone.  I would have been happy with the cards I had at the time and probably wouldn't have gotten more!  I figured that they would increase in time and that would be OK.  Now I have about 10 times the credit I had at that point.  (Capone $500, Capone 2 $500, Household $500, Marathon $600, Bealls $300, Merrick $1500.) 

But I agree, waiting is a pain when you know you desrve more!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 18 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Yep.  And what's more mind blowing?  In eight months that Amex I opened the following month has already CLI'd itself by more than I could charge to Barclays in 12 months.  Ahh the magic of multiple 3X joy.  And then there's ole Barclays, still stuck on stupid at 1900.  What's funny about our similar trip, I got the Barclay card because Cap 1 had be at step2 $750 f-o-r-e-v-e-r.  The process just repeats I suppose.

My sock drawer is getting a new member.

Message 19 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

Should I wait for the AMEX CLI to post to the CB's before applying befor either of these?   

AMEX is >$5,000 already, but would these banks care how much over $5,000 a TL was?  I know they like to see an existing TL >$5,000.

Do the math and see how your utilization would be affected.

@jake619 wrote:

Where were you an hour ago?!?!?! 

ALWAYS expect discussion forum sites to take at least a day for responses.  If you need a more immediate response then a discussion forum is the wrong tool for the job.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.