Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait time between applications for Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wait time between applications for Amex

@ficofox wrote:

That 90 day thing may no longer be true because I was declined for Costco Amex on 3/25 and approved for Amex Platinum on 6/5 this year. Aftermath, I would just give it a go and see what's what. Good luck!

Costco (credit) and Platinum (charge) are different categories of products. I cant apply for a gold charge but was approved for Delta gold the day after hearing about 90 days.

Message 11 of 12
crackiein
Valued Member

Re: Wait time between applications for Amex

OP, you have a Blue Cash listed in your siggy so I don't understand the grief over approving you for one of their charge products.  I believe those are the easiest of all to get.

Are you on good terms with Amex with your Blue Cash?  If so, call new accounts or a credit analyst and ask for a recon.  The worst thing that can happen is a decline so you've got nothing to lose.  Maybe offering to fax your EX CR would prove helpful.  However, if your other CRs have a baddie, proceed with caution.  It would be a major bummer to get initially approved only to have the new account closed upon account review. 

Good luck and post your outcome.

Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.