Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart CLI Button-Twice in 2 Weeks?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Wal-Mart CLI Button-Twice in 2 Weeks?

Pulled the trigger on the Wal-Mart "luv" button a little over a week ago and went from $500 to $900. Then called upon suggestion to try and get more but was denied. No worries-they were SP's. Now noticing when I hit the button (just for snicks-I know it's too soon for another CLI) again it asks me to put in my income just like before. You think if I tried it-it would give me another increase? LOL

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart CLI Button-Twice in 2 Weeks?

I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Mods-feel free to move it if necessary.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 15
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Haha, don't I wish that were possible. I believe that you can hit the button 10 times a day if you want to, but it won't issue any more credit. It will just keep denying you for "insufficient experience at your current credit limit" I love these sites that allow for soft pull CLI requests though. They're great for so many reasons. Congrats on the increase and good luck on the future requests. Every 4 statements seems to be the golden rule

Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 4 of 15
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 15
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

nice! congrats Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Pulled the trigger on the Wal-Mart "luv" button a little over a week ago and went from $500 to $900. Then called upon suggestion to try and get more but was denied. No worries-they were SP's. Now noticing when I hit the button (just for snicks-I know it's too soon for another CLI) again it asks me to put in my income just like before. You think if I tried it-it would give me another increase? LOL

If you called and were denied, then youve reached your limit for now.  There's nothing wrong with trying but I doubt it would work in two weeks

Message 8 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

If you called and were denied, then youve reached your limit for now.  There's nothing wrong with trying but I doubt it would work in two weeks

+1

Unless somehow an update crossed with the last SP that was pulled, but by any measure it would almost be rare in such a short span of time.

Message 9 of 15
parkman
Regular Contributor

Whenever I've tried prior to the 4 or 6 statement waiting period, I get the message that the account is not eligible at the current time. Just be patient, and try again after 4 months. I mean, you could try right now, like I actually did a few hours ago, but you'll get the same message I did. 

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.