cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart CLI Button-Twice in 2 Weeks?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart CLI Button-Twice in 2 Weeks?

There is the standard "four months" to get a credit line increase...  so I've heard.

Although not WM, on the Amazon store card, I requested online and received a similar "Insufficient Experience" letter. I called in at the number on the denial letter. They automatically gave me an increase in September, before I knew about asking for underwriters, credit analysts. I asked if there was a person in the credit department I could talk to about whether perhaps when my bill closes in a few days, if there would be sufficient "experience". I received a manager on the line, and asked the same question.

They put me on hold for a few minutes, and I ended up with a credit analyst. I asked my question and how it was the holidays, and I anticipated some end of year spending, and they asked for my income, and how much I wanted. I asked for double my current line. After a hold for a few minutes, the credit analyst/underwriter came back on the line and I was approved for the $7k limit, from $3500.

I was happy for two reasons

1. available credit for end-of-year purchases (gifts, section 179 for my 1099 income)

2. makes a better appearance for other lenders because my usage went from ~40% to ~20%.

It also shows that if you talk to a person, as opposed to the computer making the decision, it might be possible to get a CLI.

Granted, I might've gotten a CLI in a few days when the next statement.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 11 of 15
brindle26
Regular Contributor

I can"t get a CLI from them. At 3 months and 3 weeks I got an increase of $100.00. Called this morning after 8 months and 12 days, nothing. Hit the luv button, nothing.

Sock drawed both my Chevron and wally card. Will only use Barclay's for now.

Message 12 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 15
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

When the LUV button doesn't work, try the backdoor numbers posted in the forums here.

I have a Sams store card that was sitting at $600 since they originally issued it. I hit the button but was denied. Gave up for years, and after reading about the numbers, I called and spoke with an underwriter/analyst rather than just take the first tier answer. That account that sat at $600 for years, when I asked for $5000, now has a $5600 limit after talking with a person.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@brindle26 wrote:

I can"t get a CLI from them. At 3 months and 3 weeks I got an increase of $100.00. Called this morning after 8 months and 12 days, nothing. Hit the luv button, nothing.

Sock drawed both my Chevron and wally card. Will only use Barclay's for now.

Did you contact the regulars CSRs?  Or was this the GECRB Credit Solutions team?  Is your account aged enough to receive any CLIs?  What other factors do you think are holding you back?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.