Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal Mart Money Card Pre Paid VISA

tag
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Re: Wal Mart Money Card Pre Paid VISA

Thanks for all the good ideas including Amazon Payments and Square.

Here is how it's gone down so far:

I activated the card and received email and text notifications from Identity Guard (I subscribe through Costco) that my Identity Information is being pulled and verified 2 mins later, LOL.  If I had the Idenity Guard app installed on my current phone like I did on my old phone I would have prob received a push notification as well, so congrats to Identiy Guard for doing what it's there for.  Also, there was no hard pull.

Thought I would prepay the balance of the card to my rent but turns out as of December 5th they have added a 3% plus $2.50 transaction fee to all credit card payments. 

I was able to close the Money Card account and they are supposed to mail me the balance to be received in 10-14 days.  I did specify I was closing the account due to service fees. 

I'll post an update when I receive the check.  Fingers crossed that it's the full balance and not a bunch of rediculous fees!

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 11 of 13
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

I received the refund check today for the amount of the card, plus the $3 purchase fee.  I was happy they refunded the purchase fee AND didn't take any more fees out.

Thanks everyone for your help!

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 12 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@sailor_mercury wrote:

I received the refund check today for the amount of the card, plus the $3 purchase fee.  I was happy they refunded the purchase fee AND didn't take any more fees out.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Glad it all worked out in the end OP!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.