Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

I has anyone had success with a requested CLI lately? My 4th statement will cut on my penny's card Monday after I go in store an make a payment I'm gonna go home an try my luck with the luv button.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

We don't have a Penney's but we have two Sam's Club cards (one for me, one for hub) and a Wal-Mart card.

All of these give regular increases.  The Walmart and Sam's cards were very hard for my husband to actually get in the first place, btw.  But they increase you after you've proven yourself.

My Sam's has been raised umpteen times, the last time doubling from $800 to $1600.

His Sam's just went from $600 to $900 early this year.  (I don't know if he asked for it or not.  I know my CLI's have been the result of asking.)  Wal-Mart went from $650 to $750 on an automatic basis in about November.

By the way, the Texaco/Chevron card is also GEMB and they are pretty nice with the CLI's, also.

Not applicable

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

We don't have a Penney's but we have two Sam's Club cards (one for me, one for hub) and a Wal-Mart card.

All of these give regular increases.  The Walmart and Sam's cards were very hard for my husband to actually get in the first place, btw.  But they increase you after you've proven yourself.

My Sam's has been raised umpteen times, the last time doubling from $800 to $1600.

His Sam's just went from $600 to $900 early this year.  (I don't know if he asked for it or not.  I know my CLI's have been the result of asking.)  Wal-Mart went from $650 to $750 on an automatic basis in about November.

By the way, the Texaco/Chevron card is also GEMB and they are pretty nice with the CLI's, also.

Yeah I received an increase on my Sam's 2 months ago I went from $400 to $750.
Message 3 of 24
lisac
Regular Contributor

i opened walmart 7/10/08. got cli 100 on 12/1/08
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I been reading about Wal-mart only giving $100 CLI what's up with that well that's all they gave me 3 months ago.

Message 5 of 24
Established Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:

Yeah I received an increase on my Sam's 2 months ago

I went from $400 to $750.

I charged more than 50% utility on my relatively new Sam's club card and PIFed before the statement dropped. I got an auto increase that generated a new credit limit higher than twice my PIFed balance.

I repeated the more than 50% charge a few months later and got the same results.

The next time I tried the same game, I did not receive an auto CLI. I waited until the following October (my anniversary) and called the CSR asking for an increase claiming that I wanted to buy some big ticket items for Christmas. That got me a CLI.

The Next Christmas I repeated the same request / reason and received an increase to $4,000.

The next Christmas I tried one more time and got denied. I am content with the $4K since I was told I could only get higher limits if I converted to the Sam's Discover card. 

I personally didn't try to ask GEMB for increases in the first year of having the card open. It seems that auto increases up to $1,000 or $2,000 are pretty easy (depending upon income of course).

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I was told I could only get higher limits if I converted to the Sam's Discover card."

My hubbys Sams Club card is $10,000.  it is just a reg sams card not a discover.  But they do try to get us to apply for the sams discover and i always tell them no.  vicki

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just this week hit the love button at JC Penney...received $900 increase...went from $1800 to $2700. Only used the card 3 times this year....4 times total in 16 years!

Penneys CSR did tell me a year ago that I could ask for a CLI after 3 statements.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 02-27-2009 06:49 PM
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i went ahead an hit the luv button for wal-mart and penny's it was a denial for both lol not really surprised cause i only had penny's 3 months o well lol.
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan,

Even though the CSR told me to request the CLI after 3 months of usage I found it works best to hit the button after 5 or 6 months. Try again in a couple of months...it won't hurt.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.