cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

I recieved a $75. CLI at 4 months with Wal-Mart. I have not tried Sams or JcPennys yet.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

mjbfan,

Even though the CSR told me to request the CLI after 3 months of usage I found it works best to hit the button after 5 or 6 months. Try again in a couple of months...it won't hurt.

Yeah your right when i received my increases from Sam's & Wal-Mart i had both accounts 5 or 6 months so i'm just gonna wait until my Penny's account reaches 6 months before i hit the luv button again.

Message 12 of 24
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

GEMB is on a roll with me.  In the Past month they have double my CL for Lowes, Tripled my limit with Pennys, upped me $300 on my sams club and even gave me $125.00 more on my walmart.  Not that these limit increases were hugh but they do help.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to pay your GEMB store cards for 4 billing cycles, if you make a payment on each billing cycle you should be granted a CLI after the 4 statement closes. So 3 times a year.

Ok, so my friend is a senior credit analyst at GEMB and he told me thisSmiley Wink and he has never given me any wrong information so far. However, you need to be current on your other bank cards and maintain an acceptable FICO score etc.

Message 14 of 24
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

no love from walmart lately, they have always declined my request for increase.
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 15 of 24
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to pay your GEMB store cards for 4 billing cycles, if you make a payment on each billing cycle you should be granted a CLI after the 4 statement closes. So 3 times a year.

Ok, so my friend is a senior credit analyst at GEMB and he told me thisSmiley Wink and he has never given me any wrong information so far. However, you need to be current on your other bank cards and maintain an acceptable FICO score etc.

I'm not so sure this is still true.  I think they may be in the process of changing this.  I hit the luv button after my 4th statement was paid and I got denied.  When I got my denial letter, the only reason it gave was that I needed to have at least 4 months of credit history before being eligible.  This obviously confused me since it had already been 4 months.  I gave it another month and then called to talk to a CSR about why I was denied even though it already was 4 months.  The CSR said he had no idea why the letter said 4 months because they only allow CLI's every 6 months, which is why I was denied. He said I should be safe to try again after my 6 month mark.  It kind of sounded to me like they changed the standard to 6 months, but the auto-generated denial letter was still reading 4 months.
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Sam's credit card for the last 3 years with a CL of $750. I've always paid on time and even over the minimums. Two months ago, they cut my CL down to $510 which was $60 under my balance and charged me an over the limit balance. When inquiring as to why? I was informed that yes, you have made your payments on time and there is no problem with that but we checked your credit score and felt it warranted the drop in credit limit.Is there any recourse for this besides canceling the account when it's paid off?
Message 17 of 24
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

My Penney's has always, always, always auto-cli'd.  At least every 5-6 months, balance or not.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 18 of 24
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Well, my 6th statement came out yesterday, so I decided to try the luv button again today.  The CLI'd me from $900 to $1000.  Not much, but I am still excited--this is the first CLI I have ever had on a CC.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has a Penney's card that I am an AU on.  It was dormant for a few years and when we reactivated it and asked for a CLI, it went from $225 to $1K.  This was back in November/December.  I foolishly clicked the luv button sometime in December and was received a letter stating that we needed to have at least 3 months' experience at this credit limit.  Well I figure by the time the statement closes at the end of this month, it will be about 4 months and time to try again.

Does it make any difference if you call or click for a CLI?  Is there a backdoor number for Penney's?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.