Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart Store card and Wal-Mart Discover

tag
credit3xhausted
Valued Member

Wal-Mart Store card and Wal-Mart Discover

So right now I am supper excited!

I was approved for a Wal-Mart Store Card in 12/2012 with an initial credit limit of $600.

Today, I felt like calling and asking for an increase.  Instead I went to the Wal-Mart website and app'ed for the Wal-Mart Discover Card because that is what I really want.  Well, I got the 7-10 business days message.

I then looked up the backdoor number and called.  I asked if I could have both the store card and the discover card and the representative said "yes, but you have to apply for the discover card."  I said that I had and that I would like to check the status of my application.  He asked me if he could pull my report and verify some questions.  After a few minutes he came back and said that I had been approved for the Discover card with a $700 limit.  WOW!!  He asked me if there was anything else that I needed.  Of course I then asked for a CLI on my store card to $1200.  He again placed me on hold!!!!  I was nervous and know now that I should have asked for more.  Oh well, APPROVED!

So now I have two Wal-Mart cards.  Bad, but good, lol.

MyFico on 03/30/12: EQ 500; MyFico as of 03/06/2013: EQ 653
Wal-Mart (TU08) on 12/09/2012: 637; Wal-Mart (TU08) 03/07/2013: 700

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Wal-Mart Store card and Wal-Mart Discover

@credit3xhausted wrote:

So right now I am supper excited!

I was approved for a Wal-Mart Store Card in 12/2012 with an initial credit limit of $600.

Today, I felt like calling and asking for an increase.  Instead I went to the Wal-Mart website and app'ed for the Wal-Mart Discover Card because that is what I really want.  Well, I got the 7-10 business days message.

I then looked up the backdoor number and called.  I asked if I could have both the store card and the discover card and the representative said "yes, but you have to apply for the discover card."  I said that I had and that I would like to check the status of my application.  He asked me if he could pull my report and verify some questions.  After a few minutes he came back and said that I had been approved for the Discover card with a $700 limit.  WOW!!  He asked me if there was anything else that I needed.  Of course I then asked for a CLI on my store card to $1200.  He again placed me on hold!!!!  I was nervous and know now that I should have asked for more.  Oh well, APPROVED!

So now I have two Wal-Mart cards.  Bad, but good, lol.

Congrats! Learn something new everyday. I always thought if you got one they will close the other...like an upgrade. Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Both cards should grow nicely.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 3 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

sweet! Weird how you can have both store card and discover but when it comes to Pay Pal you cant have both "smh" 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Very Nice...Congrats!!

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats and great to know you can have both

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
anthill927
Established Member

I did the exact thing you did in January, I wanted to know if I can upgrade my walmart card to the discover and the csr told me to apply and I thought you couldnt have both but apparently you can, and I got approved for it with a 800 dollar limit! I was excited. lol

I want to be in the 700s again!
Message 8 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Is that a double-double recon or  a recon-recon double? Smiley Very Happy

Congrats either way.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats on the Discover version approval! Now you will have a small dilemma choosing which one to use while checking out! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.