Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart card question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal-Mart card question

I have a Wal-Mart CC store card, not the discover one.  I just today received an email from Wal-Mart saying I've been given a CLI on my Wal-Mart Discover card.  Last week after a couple of people on  here posted about CLI through Wal-mart I checked and I had already been given a CLI of $100.  I saw the email this morning and checked but no other increase.  So  maybe it was a late email?

I'm also confused why it's saying Wal-Mart Discover.  is this normal?  This is my first CLI from Wal-Mart since getting the card in September.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart card question

i got one too, exactly like yours.  just late.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the store card or the Discover one? Did the email say Wal-Mart Discover card?

Message 3 of 12
Guava
Established Contributor

I have the walmart store card, got an CLI last month, and today received an email like yours. It's just a late notification from them I take it

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Wal-Mart CC store card, not the discover one.  I just today received an email from Wal-Mart saying I've been given a CLI on my Wal-Mart Discover card.  Last week after a couple of people on  here posted about CLI through Wal-mart I checked and I had already been given a CLI of $100.  I saw the email this morning and checked but no other increase.  So  maybe it was a late email?

I'm also confused why it's saying Wal-Mart Discover.  is this normal?  This is my first CLI from Wal-Mart since getting the card in September.

Over the last couple years of having the Walmart store card, every time I've been given an auto CLI, I have noticed it before getting the email or letter in snail mail.  So it's very normal that it shows on your account web page before you get their notice about it.

Oh, and congratulations, it would appear  you're about to be ugraded to the Walmart Discover card from your Store card as well (if that is the case the offer should show up on your account page soon), if you want to take it. If not, it should allow you to ignore it and keep your store card (which is probably what I'll do if they try to upgrade me, I'd lose too much history taking the offer). Keep us updated Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I too got that same E-Mail.  I have the store card but it says Walmart Discover.  It must be a generic message to all walmart cc.  I doubt its a sign we will soon receive an upgrade to the discover because I have only had my card 4 months.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 12
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I too got that same E-Mail.  I have the store card but it says Walmart Discover.  It must be a generic message to all walmart cc.  I doubt its a sign we will soon receive an upgrade to the discover because I have only had my card 4 months.

I actually hope your correct. I don't want to upgrade LOL. (reason in my last post above). I don't remember seeing the word "Discover" in my old notices (that was some time ago). I just checked the last email notice (from dec 2010), no mention of Discover in it.

Also, I somewhat remember the Walmart Discover being through HSBC, not Discover itself, I could be wrong on that. So far I have not recieved the email you guys are talking about but I had a "LUV button" CLI in sept with them.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

My CLI was an auto after 3 months right around black friday lol.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 12
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

sign in to your WM CC account and check your offers... There have been several people offered upgrades to the WM Discover in the last week or so.. I was one of them also.

Message 9 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

sign in to your WM CC account and check your offers... There have been several people offered upgrades to the WM Discover in the last week or so.. I was one of them also.

Nope! Nothing for me Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.