Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal Mart card ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal Mart card ?

I want to get the Wal Mart card. I recently moved and a Wal Mart is a block away. I don't care if it is the Discover or regular card (not expecting to get the discover). The 3 cents off gas is nice at their station. Anyways, I heard it is easier to get it in the store than online. When I go there, do I go to a specific department, cashier, customer service and do the application? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal Mart card ?

I don't know if it's the same in all of the stores, but I had to go to the jewelry department to do the app.
Message 2 of 18
granny031350
Established Contributor

I applied online and was approved for 700.00 in June of 08.  I have BK on my credit report.  I have not received any CLI nor have I ask for any.  I am happy with what I have.

And I have (so far) not been CLD by anyone (Walmart, JCPenny, Lowe's, HSBC, or Best Buy)

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I applied and got the 7-10 day message. Called and said it was DECLINED.

WTH? First Exxon now Wal Mart. What is going on. I have score of 690,661,683

I am going to be going to the store tonight and see if something happens. This is insane. 

I just moved to a new state and is hard as hell to get anything right now. I am so mad. Advice for when I go to Wal Mart?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

forgot to mentiion that all i have on my record as far as baddies are 2 30 day lates. 1 from 11 months ago and another from 2+ years when I was in college.
Message 5 of 18
granny031350
Established Contributor

Having Bk on your credit is by the far worst one can have on a credit report.  But I have no collection accounts and my only lates were in 2002/2003 from my Parent Plus Loans and now my loans are all paid as agreed.  And these loans only show up on Equifax.  TU and Experian deleted them completely when I tried to update them as IIB accounts.  I don't know what will happen to the lates when they turn 7 years old this year and next.  Equifax is my lowest score and I am sure it is because of these lates.  When I got my Walmart card however, the economy was not so far in the toilet and I believe that that is influencing many credit decisions right now. 

The economy isn't coming around any time soon.  Maybe in 2010 and by then many will not be using credit as they are now.  Many will not have credit anymore and many will be filing for BK.  The courts are already swamped.

I wish you gl in your pursuit of credit.  But sometimes we have to learn to be happy with what we already have and work within those boundaries.

Message 6 of 18
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

granny031350  very nice respond.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope I at least get the card from Wal Mart. They must have had an issue with my account because that was the 2nd cc I applied for and was denied. I have good scores as well mentioned above. I am thinking because I moved to a new location and state and also dont start my job until next week. I dont know?
Message 8 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

Yes it is typically easier to get approved in the store.  You can goto any register to do it.  Only takes about a minute.  They will just need a photo ID and some type of credit card (or debit card with a CC logo).
Message 9 of 18
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Wall Mart card ?

Moving from one address to the next might be a problem... They are making a decision based off your permanent residence or years at your current address as well as your credit... If time between addresses is too short .... It might effect the decision. There guidelines could be tightening up to deal with consumer issues such as fraud,chargeoffs and defaults too. 

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.