Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal Mart new card look!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

@Jon Stur Congrats for you!! Thats strange that others arent offered upgrades when they have a high credit card limit. What was your store card limit when offered the upgrade?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 31 of 40
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@AF_23 you should just do a replacement card request through the automated system or just call them its not like they are gonna reject you. Be sincere and say "I'm requesting a new card beacuse i want the new design and dont want this ugly old one anymore" hahha

LOL Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 40
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@AF_23 you should just do a replacement card request through the automated system or just call them its not like they are gonna reject you. Be sincere and say "I'm requesting a new card beacuse i want the new design and dont want this ugly old one anymore" hahha

LOL Smiley Happy

I did it through the automated system and received a new card the next day. Turned out they just happened to be already sending me one, so I additionally got the one I requested a week later.

Message 33 of 40
Involus
Regular Contributor

They are sending this new card design because all of the old cards are GEMB - which is now GECRB they included a letter explaning that when I recieved my new card in the mail was sorta outta the blue I was like **bleep**?

Message 34 of 40
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

They are sending this new card design because all of the old cards are GEMB - which is now GECRB they included a letter explaning that when I recieved my new card in the mail was sorta outta the blue I was like **bleep**?

Mine says GECRB on it, but it is still the ugly old design. 

Message 35 of 40
JonStur
Established Contributor

@Anonymous Stur Congrats for you!! Thats strange that others arent offered upgrades when they have a high credit card limit. What was your store card limit when offered the upgrade?

It was $ 4100 at the time...the other day I requested a CLI  on the website got 1200 more....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 36 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I actually love my Walmart Dscvr... The 15 cents off a gallon of gas is a pretty good deal. I've been using that and pif the past couple of months! Lol :-)

Jonstur... Was it after four statements that you got approved for that cli? It's only been two statements since I got a cli, but I have missed that "luv button" lololll!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 37 of 40
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

I like the shiny orange oneSmiley Very Happy  But, my old blue one still gets me gas discounts and that colors me a very happy blue color.  The new blue card looks about the same shade as the new Bluebird.  Does anyone else think so?

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 40
JonStur
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I actually love my Walmart Dscvr... The 15 cents off a gallon of gas is a pretty good deal. I've been using that and pif the past couple of months! Lol :-)

Jonstur... Was it after four statements that you got approved for that cli? It's only been two statements since I got a cli, but I have missed that "luv button" lololll!

I hadn't had a CLI in like 7 months. I was shocked to actually see the luv button make its triumphant return!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 39 of 40
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Has anyone else gotten this email? Apparently I should be expecting a new card soon even tho I just opened my account a month ago. I guess I'll be getting their new orange card.

Dear ****,

Watch for your new Walmart® Discover® to arrive in the mail. If you already have it, activate your card by calling 1-866-888-3868.

As a Walmart Discover cardholder, you'll enjoy many exclusive benefits. Plus, you can use your card everywhere Discover is accepted!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.