Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal mart credit card question

tag
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Wal mart credit card question

My fiancé is looking at getting a wal Mart credit card. She has care credit charge card, and from what I understand they are ran both by the same company. What do they look for when applying for wal mart cards. Are they inquiry sensitive, or focused on score and history?

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: Wal mart credit card question

Without knowing her scores or credit history, it is difficult  to say whether she might get approved for Walmart. It is one of the easier to get starter cards because they will approve with a lower CL. Since they  issue both a store card and a Discover version it can grow with you. GE is good about CLI's as well.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 2 of 8
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Anyone know what agencys they tend to pull in Florida? Going for store card not the discover one.

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

They pulled TU for me in New York. You don't choose which to apply for, they will first consider you for the Walmart Discover card then the regular Walmart card if you don't qualify.

Message 4 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Tischer712 wrote:

Thanks! Anyone know what agencys they tend to pull in Florida? Going for store card not the discover one.

I'm from Florida, and all of the GE backed cards that either I or my DH have received have been the result of TU pulls.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 8
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I think for the most part GE will pull TU. As for them being inquiry sensitive, I wouldn't say they are, but ymmv. I got approved for most of their GE backed cards with a few recent inquiries.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 6 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Although a long shot.. While signed in to my walmart.com account I went to the card application and it showed I was pre-approved for a certain amount. I went ahead and filled in my last 4 of social, dob and phone number and was approved for the store card with no HP.
May be worth to see if pre-approved.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Although a long shot.. While signed in to my walmart.com account I went to the card application and it showed I was pre-approved for a certain amount. I went ahead and filled in my last 4 of social, dob and phone number and was approved for the store card with no HP.
May be worth to see if pre-approved.

To OP : They usually pull TU on my experience. Live in FL too.

Wow.....no HP....That;s very awesome....First time i heard about it.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.