Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart PostCycle Payment Posting

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

WalMart PostCycle Payment Posting

WalMart's quirky payment policy has been discussed before but I was unaware of their post cycle posting. I receive online statements ( we all know why) and this month my new statement generated on Jan 21. So, I scheduled my payment to pay my bill on the same day- basically getting it out of the way for the month.  My statement generated on the 21st, showed my payment received on the 21 but still shows a minimum payment due. 

I just spoke with a CSR who informed me that my payment was a 'post cycle payment' and would not count towards fulfilling my minimum due.  I had intended to make an additional payment ( paying off the interest free purchase from the holiday) during this statement anyway but what if I thought I was done for the month?  The CSR told me that they would make an exception and allow this payment to reflect as 'non post cycle'. I asked what was wrong with making the payment the same day I received the statement - what if I never called? Would my 'too early' payment actually count against me?

His response was to 'wait 2-3days after you receive your statement  to avoid a 'post cycle' payment.'  Making payments on the same day your statement generates confuses their system. I guess if you receive snail mail statements it would not be a problem. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: WalMart PostCycle Payment Posting

@09Lexie wrote:

WalMart's quirky payment policy has been discussed before but I was unaware of their post cycle posting. I receive online statements ( we all know why) and this month my new statement generated on Jan 21. So, I scheduled my payment to pay my bill on the same day- basically getting it out of the way for the month.  My statement generated on the 21st, showed my payment received on the 21 but still shows a minimum payment due. 

I just spoke with a CSR who informed me that my payment was a 'post cycle payment' and would not count towards fulfilling my minimum due.  I had intended to make an additional payment ( paying off the interest free purchase from the holiday) during this statement anyway but what if I thought I was done for the month?  The CSR told me that they would make an exception and allow this payment to reflect as 'non post cycle'. I asked what was wrong with making the payment the same day I received the statement - what if I never called? Would my 'too early' payment actually count against me?

His response was to 'wait 2-3days after you receive your statement  to avoid a 'post cycle' payment.'  Making payments on the same day your statement generates confuses their system. I guess if you receive snail mail statements it would not be a problem. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  

with my Paypal Smart Connect and Amazon Store Card, the cycle may reset on a specific day but I can't view the statements till the next day so maybe if you wait till the next day (a full 24 hours) after ur statement cuts then you should be ok.

I pay my walmart in store and its always well after my statement cuts so i don't have an issue with that account.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.