Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walgreens is offering a credit card via Sync

tag
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walgreens is offering a credit card via Sync

Saw this yesterday on their app. I don't want the card, but did play with the "see if your preapproved button". Came back with $8000 for the MC version. But it's Synch, I don't shop enough at Walgreens but would be a good option for some. 

JR
Message 21 of 41
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Interesting card and thanks for the new card alert @joltdude.   I shop at Walgreen's regularly.  Still ...

" ... myWalgreens Credit Card cardholders can earn 10% Walgreens Cash rewards on eligible Walgreens-branded products and 5% Walgreens Cash rewards on all other eligible brands and pharmacy purchases"

... so (1) Synchrony ... nuff said Smiley Sad

(2) Store cards, which I have tried to steer away from in general and

(3) Earnings in  Walgreens Cash, which was one of my biggest hesitations about the Verizon Visa with it earning Verizon Dollars only redeemable at Verizon.   With Verizon Dollars, at least I would know I would have a monthly cell phone bill to pay.  With Walgreen's Cash, my spending is not as consistent so it might "encourage" me to shop more often there than I would otherwise.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 22 of 41
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Interesting. I wonder if this is one of the ways Synchrony is adding to their portfolio after their recent loses? (Hypothetical, no one needs to actually answer this question! 😉)

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 23 of 41
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FalconSteve wrote:

Wow, we don't have a Walgreens, but this is still pretty neat.I wonder if Rx get the 5% discount.

Also, a $1 payment via billpay will keep an account active

Probably not. They give me the stink eye when I pull out the Good RX app. Spanks their prices! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 41
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@FalconSteve wrote:

Wow, we don't have a Walgreens, but this is still pretty neat.I wonder if Rx get the 5% discount.

Also, a $1 payment via billpay will keep an account active

Probably not. They give me the stink eye when I pull out the Good RX app. Spanks their prices! Smiley Happy

You still have to make a payment with GoodRx, so you could combine this with GoodRx.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 25 of 41
AMJ50
Contributor

I guess I was only thinking of myself, and that the last thing I needed was a Walgreens card. But, I can see where it would be beneficial to others with large medical bills. 

Message 26 of 41
northface28
Established Contributor

Does this mean the cashier will harass me to sign up for a credit card? Brick and mortar will go away not because of online shopping but because you're harassed at almost every store to sign up for a shoddy store card.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 27 of 41
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Exactly. The chashiers will have one more reason to do their pitches again and again to delay the checkout step Smiley LOL. It becomes annoying if you would receive the same pitch at anytime that you visit the store. When I visit CVS or Walgreens, I prefer to go to the stores with self checkout.

I will use my current credit cards with ~2-5% on pharmacy category, not insterested in any store points.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 28 of 41
MacCreed
Valued Member

Sync has a new card?    Now only if there is also balance transfer it will be a god sent!!!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 41
Grizzly1
Contributor

Seems like it would be a good idea if you shop there enough but I'd rather have my cash back to do as I choose.

Walgreens introduces a ‘health’ rewards credit card (consumeraffairs.com)walgreens.png

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.