cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall of shame Citi SUB story (and other stuff-now multi purpose thread)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wall of shame Citi SUB story

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Premier not happening for 13 months  ☹️ 

20 months here, if I interpreted the rules correctly 😬  I'll just live vicariously through yours!

If you're going to live vicariously through me, you better learn how to crotchet and saw buttons (or stitch buttons, I'm not sure). 

Also, you'll be watching one season of Air Disasters every two nights. 

Not sure if you can handle so much excitement. 

Deal!

I know the basics of sewing buttons, hemming things and whatnot, but crotchet is a new territory for me. Eager to learn of course, except on Weds and Fri nites, those are pole nights (money makers) 😜   Love Air Disasters show, watched the one about PanAm/KLM just the other day.

Message 11 of 60
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

20 months here, if I interpreted the rules correctly 😬  I'll just live vicariously through yours!

If you're going to live vicariously through me, you better learn how to crotchet and saw buttons (or stitch buttons, I'm not sure). 

Deal!

I know the basics of sewing buttons, hemming things and whatnot, but crotchet is a new territory for me. Eager to learn of course, except on Weds and Fri nites, those are pole nights (money makers) 😜   Love Air Disasters show, watched the one about PanAm/KLM just the other day.

My forever favorite is Gimli Glider.

I wasn't aware of that one prior to watching it, one 767, no fuel, two dead engines and Captain goes "I guess I'll just slip it"  

Message 12 of 60
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I feel attacked here. I love Air Disasters 😐

Message 13 of 60
cr101
Established Contributor

Something similar happened to me. I even had a spreadsheet detailing how I would redeem my gift cards and a sheet with my charges. 🤣 I somehow missed it by $90. IIRC, it was a return that caused the issue.

Wait...so, OP got the bonus? I must have missed whatever grace period they have bc they didn't budge when I contacted them to find out why I didn't get the bonus.

Message 14 of 60
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Deal!

I wasn't aware of that one prior to watching it, one 767, no fuel, two dead engines and Captain goes "I guess I'll just slip it"  

Imagine a plane almost crashing because someone AMEX'd the math with fuel conversions

I'd never fly again if I survived and found that out lol

Message 15 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cr101 wrote:

Something similar happened to me. I even had a spreadsheet detailing how I would redeem my gift cards and a sheet with my charges. 🤣 I somehow missed it by $90. IIRC, it was a return that caused the issue.

Wait...so, OP got the bonus? I must have missed whatever grace period they have bc they didn't budge when I contacted them to find out why I didn't get the bonus.

Yes, OP received their bonus 😊

Message 16 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cr101 wrote:

This is why on some SUB situations, I typically spend way over the required amount (which is just ordinary spend) in the event that a return posts much later, especially close the SUB expiration timeframe.

Message 17 of 60
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Deal!

Blows my mind still that the worst accident ever for planes they didn't even take off

.....yes, I love this show and all of Smithsonian's disasters shows like Disasters At Sea, Space Disasters, 10 Steps to Disaster

They could make a series about worst wood buggy disasters during wild west and I'd watch it

Message 18 of 60
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Deal!

The slip is one of the most successful maneuvers to increase drag and lose altitude like a rock, its not normally used in airliners due to the uncomfortable feelings it can induce. Its accomplished by using cross controls (aileron and rudder) it also can cause a very nasty stall if you dont maintain fying speed and close to the ground that is deadly.

Message 19 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Deal!

Blows my mind still that the worst accident ever for planes they didn't even take off

.....yes, I love this show and all of Smithsonian's disasters shows like Disasters At Sea, Space Disasters, 10 Steps to Disaster

They could make a series about worst wood buggy disasters during wild west and I'd watch it

I think there's a new series that's supposed to debut at some point (TBD) ...Credit Card Disasters 😂  I'd have a ringside seat for that one!

Too soon?

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.