Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallaby Card - Anybody have one?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Wallaby Card - Anybody have one?

I know its been mentioned here a few times, but does anybody here actually have a Wallaby Card? I just signed up to get on the waiting list but I'm curious to see if anybody here has any input.

If you don't know what I'm refering to: www.walla.by

And if you are interested in signing up, you can sign up here: http://www.walla.by/sign-up/?ref=epylex

Using that link to sign up will help me get bumped up on the waiting list.

One thing I'm really curious about is how they are able to forward a charge to your cards, while maintaining all the merchant data like MCC and other information so you'll earn rewards as normal. How can a business just clone a charge like that. It seems like that could have some legal consequences for them. 

And what happens if I use the Wallaby card (which is a Visa) at a place that doesn't accept Discover or Amex, but Discover or Amex are the best choice for that type of purchase? Can it put a charge from a merchant that doesn't accpet Discover or Amex onto a Discover or Amex? If yes, how will I earn the proper rewards if Discover or Amex don't know anything about the merchant?

Anyway, I figure it could be beneficial and definitely more convenient if it works, so I'll try it for the six month trial. But I'm really waiting for the Protean Echo to come out. Once that comes out, I'll ditch the Wallaby.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wallaby Card - Anybody have one?

Well I submitted to get it so guess I will see?  Are they still open enrolling for the Beta or?

Message 2 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

All smoke and mirrors LOL, I am really not sure how they will pull this off because Amex and Discover will charge Walla.by merchant fees higher than any profit they would make I would think but who knows

I am personally waiting for the deal Samsung just made with Visa and also the Isis Wallet deal AT&T and a few other companies are working on

Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@john398 wrote:

All smoke and mirrors LOL, I am really not sure how they will pull this off because Amex and Discover will charge Walla.by merchant fees higher than any profit they would make I would think but who knows

I am personally waiting for the deal Samsung just made with Visa and also the Isis Wallet deal AT&T and a few other companies are working on

I invested on Kickstarter for the Geode device and based on the site board the company seems to be gone along with the almost $200,000 they received... it was a great concept and what seemed great system that just went down in a ball of flames in a short period.

Message 4 of 13
andre181
Established Contributor

I was sold on getting an iCache Geode until I learned about the Protean Echo.

Echo is more flexible and doesn't require that ugly case on your phone Smiley Happy

And Echo works with iPhone and Android, so I can still keep my card if and when I switch back to an Android phone. 

Echo is supposed to come out within the next few months.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

I was sold on getting an iCache Geode until I learned about the Protean Echo.

Echo is more flexible and doesn't require that ugly case on your phone Smiley Happy

And Echo works with iPhone and Android, so I can still keep my card if and when I switch back to an Android phone. 

Echo is supposed to come out within the next few months.

Luckily Sold in this case means you didn't LOOSE $200!! haha

Message 6 of 13
User677327

Hi everyone-

Thanks for the interest in Wallaby.  We want to assure you that we a real, venture funded company dedicated to developing solutions to help consumers get more from their credit cards.  At our site www.walla.by you can learn more about our funding and our new mobile apps that provide you access to the intelligence of the Wallaby recommendation engine.

We are hard at work on the Wallaby Card and are looking to deliver it later this year!  Edited.

Edited

Founder/CEO

Wallaby Financial, Inc.

Message 7 of 13
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I don't trust it and I'm not interested.  I don't want someone having access to all of my info if I lose a card.  Plus, it seems like an extra middle man that could keep me from getting my rewards.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wallabyceo wrote:

Hi everyone-

Thanks for the interest in Wallaby.  We want to assure you that we a real, venture funded company dedicated to developing solutions to help consumers get more from their credit cards.  At our site www.walla.by you can learn more about our funding and our new mobile apps that provide you access to the intelligence of the Wallaby recommendation engine.

We are hard at work on the Wallaby Card and are looking to deliver it later this year!  Edited.

Edited

Founder/CEO

Wallaby Financial, Inc.

I do hope they leave this thread open and you are able to post... I have signed up and downloaded... I will sign up and try EVERYTHING releated to Credit Cards and Fico Score's until I find 1 that actually works, actually gets produced, actually ships to me, and you get the picture... I wish I could be designing my own but it looks like it takes some severe cash if what happened to iCashe is legal and they didn't just steel the money, it's going to be a tough road for others to come to market but first one to do it will probably be sitting pretty!

Message 9 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Its weird because this says that surcharge fees are illegal in Oklahoma, but i paid one at the Tag Agency on Tuesday.... 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.